iroast2 needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iroast2 needs help

hey guys i was attempting the resistor mod and i accidentally broke the plastic the connector the resistor sits in.
    does anyone have any idea where it is called and more importantly where i can get a new one from?
    thanks in advanceClick image for larger version

Name:	iroastresistor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	754330

I did have a catalogue number for this connector a few years ago but I'm not sure if I kept a record of it, will try to dig it up over the next couple of days. I remember it did take a while to find it.

If you try an electronics component shop (eg Aztronics) they may have something compatible.

Comment

iv already taken it to jaycar electronics and they couldnt help me out. i searched the net with no luck.
      any help will be great.
      thanks

Comment

After considerable rummaging, I found some information.

It is a JST (Japan Solderless Terminals) XH 3 connector:

J.S.T. Mfg. Co., Ltd.

and pictured here:

Connector/Adaptor: 3 Pin Female JST(XH) connector

Often used in battery packs and chargers, and by hobbyists.

I had a couple of spares (now gone) that I purchased from a hobby shop in FNQ, but it has now closed.

They can now be purchased from element 14 (was Farnells).

Or try this place:

PROLUX FEMALE JST EH TO MALE JST XH CONNECTOR SET. 2, 3 & 4 CELL - Model Engines

which seems to be a distributor, and may be able to suggest a retailer close by where you could get one.

If you have trouble getting one quickly, I could pull the connector of my to-be-repaired-one-day iRoast out the back and send it to you, and you could replace it when you do track one down.

Let's know how it goes ....

Comment

Working...
        X