Cheap upgrade to Behmor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap upgrade to Behmor?

While I have been getting some great results from my Behmor, I'm finding that I'm struggling to find enough time to roast enough coffee! (friends and family have taken liking to my product...)

So with that in mind, I was wondering if there are any affordable upgrades to the Behmor for home use? Anything I've seen so far seems horribly expensive... :-(

I'll just drop this here... http://coffeesnobs.com.au/roasters/2...beginning.html

Comment

I'll second that - up to 700g per batch - would that suit?
      Or the KKTO - bought or DIY - up to 1kg…
      Matt

Comment

1kg would be ideal, and I have been considering the DIY route on a KKTO!

Can you do 1kg with just the halogen heater? Or does it require the second element to reliably do 1kg batches?

Comment

I believe there are different opinions on the matter - and some fiddling with twin heat sources… but also lots of 'standard' kkto converts :-)
          I'd have a skim through the threads … (I'm not a lot of help though - I'm a corretto user!)
          Good luck!
          Matt

Comment

buy a second one and do back to back roasts?

while one roast is cooling you can be monitoring the progress of the 2nd roaster

Comment

IIRC the Behmor has one of the largest capacities of the off the shelf home machines, so it's a DIY job or lotsa money.

Comment

Have to agree with Atomic there.. If you were to buy something with larger capacity what would you be willing to spend?

Comment

I have a kkto the (standard commercial one) I will suggest as long as you insulate it well and preheat it that you will do 800g no problems.

Getting to many friends that want your coffee?

Put the price up:-)

Comment

Hi all
                    1kg roast (green) no problem with a KKTO and holgen globe (aldi special)

My standard size roast is 950g in about 23min no pre heating at all.

Mal

Comment

Originally posted by coffeechris View Post
                      Have to agree with Atomic there.. If you were to buy something with larger capacity what would you be willing to spend?
                      $1000 would be my limit, but that seems to be but a fraction of the entry price on 1kg units!

Another Behmor is definitely an option.

And I will consider bumping up my price for friends! Good suggestions!

I'm still researching the KKTO. Lots of info to read through...

Comment

I've also been looking at a larger roaster and came across this on the KK site Commercial link removed per http://coffeesnobs.com.au/general-ne...icy-rules.htmlThe Koffee Kosmo Kit sets will no longer be manufactured due to a new model to be designed and released through Kickstarter soon Any one know further details or timing on this?
                        Last edited by Javaphile; 10 May 2013, 05:26 AM. Reason: commercial link removed

Comment

Originally posted by argus View Post
                          I've also been looking at a larger roaster and came across this on the KK site Commercial link removed per http://coffeesnobs.com.au/general-ne...icy-rules.htmlThe Koffee Kosmo Kit sets will no longer be manufactured due to a new model to be designed and released through Kickstarter soon Any one know further details or timing on this?
                          The KKTO V2 has been designed
                          However it still needs to be presented to Kickstarter for funding
                          Note: If funding is not reached through Kickstarter I will not proceed

I may however make a limited run of 50 or so roasters on pre order, for past owners and coffee enthusiasts, so it keeps the cost down

What new design ideas do I have up my sleeve ? You Ask
                          That's something I am keeping under my hat
                          But all changes will improve an already great design

KK
                          Last edited by Javaphile; 10 May 2013, 05:27 AM. Reason: commercial link removed

Comment

Hey KK
                            Looking forward to seeing what you is under that hat of yours

Mal

Comment

You have me intrigued, KK.

;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X