Who sells Poppers these days ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sells Poppers these days ?

My $5 garage sale black n decker popper died after a solid 2 years of using 2-3 times a week ...found a 2nd hand Big W popper on holiday which died just before second crack on my first use of it yesterday ....aaaargh. Anyone selling then new at the moment ?

Slim pickings at the 2nd hand shops too.

I had a Target popper ($16 new) that lasted 2 years doing 6-8 batches a week.

I gave up and started corretto roasting.

Comment

Target sold me a Sunbeam one for $39. Expensive, but it's the only one in town.

It is awesome at popcorn making, but is way too hot as standard for bean roasting. I can't get more than 2.5 minutes and the beans are burnt. Mods to come.

Comment

Meyer sells the "Licorice" brand popper. Currently $19 on special. Usual price $29. It is a 1200W machine. I think there have been some previous threads about it before. Seems to work well.

Comment

Sams Warehouse often has them cheap if there's one close by? Same as a Tiffany popper I believe…

Comment

Poppers seem to be a seasonal thing for some odd reason. I looked everywhere for a new one a couple of years ago and they didn't seem to exist, and tracked down a 2nd hand one at a cash converters.
            Within a couple of months I was seeing them everywhere again...

Comment

Yeah maybe I should look into whtever is the next stage up from Poppers ....haven't got much money at the moment though...might be youtube research time

Comment

all the poppers i've bought have either been from kmart or aldi, theyre still in the cupboard ever since I bought the behmor as an emergency roastery

if you're on a budget look at the correto for sure

Comment

Originally posted by grapsta View Post
                  My $5 garage sale black n decker popper died after a solid 2 years of using 2-3 times a week ...found a 2nd hand Big W popper on holiday which died just before second crack on my first use of it yesterday ....aaaargh. Anyone selling then new at the moment ?
                  Or you could look at the Pay It Forward thread.....

Comment

Working...
                  X