Gene Cafe CBR-1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Cafe CBR-1200

Looks like it's close (in US/UK and USA at least). 3500 Euro or 4200 quid in the UK which sounds like $6-8k here...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CBR-1200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	755971Click image for larger version

Name:	CBR1200_Functions_02_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	755972

it is crazy, I found a price at a dealer and it is 4998 euro. I wouldn't buy this roaster for that money.
    CBR 1200, 1kg Röster [10965] - 4.998,00 € : Rohkaffeebohnen und Röstkaffee

Comment

Agree - like the smaller version, looks like you have limited control over parameters. Anyone know more about useability? for $6K it would need to offer a lot!

Comment

Updating this thread:

From what I can see, the previous importer of the Gene Cafe into Australia (Avacuppa) no longer exists. This means that self-import is currently the only way of getting one. More importantly, no spares in Australia either.

I have contacted the manufacturer to enquire on where to from here and also for an update on the CBR-1200 which is available in the UK now but at near $7k AUD which I suspect is a pretty big ask.

Edit and update- They have reappeared and that's a good thing. Perhaps Genesis contacted them.

I'll contact Avacuppa re an update on the CBR-1200

Chowing down happily on my hat....

Chris
        Last edited by TC; 20 July 2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

This is interesting as Avacuppa still have a functioning website and even have the Gene for sale at the moment. This is the only one I,ve seen for sale for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen28 View Post
            This is interesting as Avacuppa still have a functioning website and even have the Gene for sale at the moment. This is the only one I,ve seen for sale for quite some time.
            Bizarre. They have been off the air for at least a few weeks.

I'll get in contact with them and see if I can get an update. Good that they're back and that electrical compliance for more stock is obviously complete.

Comment

Ok- the update:
              • CBR-1200- still awaiting Australian compliance w/o ETA at present.
              • Gene cafe and associated bits- no problemo. Service as usual

Chris

Comment

Sharp work Snr Detective.

Comment

Bumping this thread for those who wish to discuss the 1200 further.

To the best of my understanding, the importer (Avacuppa) has no intention of bringing it to Australia.

Comment

Working...
                  X