No announcement yet.

Aillio R1 Bullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, not getting my hopes up for a pre Christmas delivery.

Comment

• Originally posted by flynnaus View Post

I think I can speak for a majority of prospective Bullet buyers to say we'll believe it when we see it on the shelf here.
      Yep. And, with the absurd RRP currently estimated to be around $6k, I'm not sure how many prospective buyers there'll be...

Comment

• chron
        chron commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, here we go. Now I remember why I don't frequent these forums anymore, such a welcoming place.

I wasn't comparing it to other roasters, the Bullet stands on its own. Outside of prototypes, the Jake doesn't really exist yet, and the CRA is in a completely different league. But hey since we're quoting Euros for the issue prone Gene, I will compare it to the Bullet US price of $2,800. Which, roughly after AU conversion and GST, is $4,300. I expect our wonderful importers to gouge us a little on price, not nearly $2k though.

But, by all means, continue defending high costs on Australian nanny state compliance and regulation bs.

• Caffeinator
        Caffeinator commented
        Editing a comment
        I make that $4k before shipping and then add duty and GST. Gets me closer to $5k landed and then warranty, support and parts are still overseas. These cost.

Given that the importer is yet to publish any pricing, I would suggest that retailers might just be speculating somewhat on price. Difference is that the local importer is not a retailer and that local warranty and Australian Consumer law needs to be provided for.

We'll all know when pricing is published, but I'm struggling to buy a 1kg electric roaster which is actually legal to use much under $10k.

• flynnaus
        flynnaus commented
        Editing a comment
        Let's not speculate. Chron is right that the landed price may put the Aillio Bullet out of most home roasters budget (CoffeeParts is showing a $5,490 pre-order price with an ETA of the end of this year
        https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/ailli...coffee-roaster).

• Something to consider. Is this a true 1kg roaster that can pump out 1kg roasts, regardless of origin, consistently? It seems the sweet spot is less than a kilo. All roasters are different, and with time and experience you will find the sweet spot for your unit. My (and many others') KKTO can roast 1kg, but has a sweet spot according to bean type, roast level, etc.
      Other roasters claiming 1kg capacity, can actually roast consistent 1kg+ roasts, back to back, the CRA for example.
      The scenario is that many people seek a true 1kg roaster to save time, but find it hard to justify $5k+ to do so. This roaster had potential when it began, and its original concept of selling direct with no middle men was attractive. Unfortunately nanny state regulations exist in many countries, and push up compliance costs.
      There are many creative ways to organise and fund group buys, but it seems Aillio is heading down a different path and lost interest for that option.
      Whilst it has many attractive features, if one is considering a 1kg roaster, the Aillio is in a price bracket where potential buyers may be willing to spend a bit more and look at larger shop style roasters.
      Time share on 2kg roasters is an option that will be increasing in popularity. To go somewhere local, and book an hour to do a couple of roasts to achieve a month's supply of beans is a very promising option. Be it farmers markets, gatherings etc, the option is something that many would consider. There are cafes and brown bean suppliers who timeshare roasters successfully, after all, having a roaster sitting idle for 95% of the time is a waste of capital.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosco_Lever View Post
        Something to consider. Is this a true 1kg roaster that can pump out 1kg roasts, regardless of origin, consistently?
        I roast 800g with plenty of headspace to profile as I choose in my V2. Haven't needed to try 1kg. Will give it a go and report back.

Comment

• Bosco_Lever
          Bosco_Lever commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. Sometimes an 800g roast that yields perfect results in the cup, is different when the load is increased. If you increase the load to 1kg and maintain the same profile, time etc it would be interesting to see if the exact same results in the cup are achieved as the 800g.

• Caffeinator
          Caffeinator commented
          Editing a comment
          Easily done with the replay function. Will let you know

• Originally posted by Ash View Post
        From the latest Aillio newsletter:
        ...As of last Wednesday afternoon, we have passed all the tests required for CB/CE certification of the V2-220V (200V-240V) model...
        Any mention of the SAA AU/NZ certification? CE is a good start but the local certification requires more hoop jumping on top of CE
        (been there, done that, it's a horrible process).

There remains a significant amount of paperwork and PCB manufacturing/assembly
        My guess is it failed EMF/EMR noise from the components as CE certification changed the testing of electrical noise a couple of years back giving grief and re-certification woes for a lot of manufacturers of previously certified equipment.

Electrical noise from an old TV was taking down the Internet in a Welsh Village for 18 months
        https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-54239180
        ...so you can see why the certification has gotten stricter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post
        My guess is it failed EMF/EMR noise from the components as CE certification changed the testing of electrical noise a couple of years back giving grief and re-certification woes for a lot of manufacturers of previously certified equipment.
        Gottit in one Andy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post

Any mention of the SAA AU/NZ certification? CE is a good start but the local certification requires more hoop jumping on top of CE
          (been there, done that, it's a horrible process).

No idea on the AU/NZ side of the house unfortunately, just what is publicly available from the Aillio newsletters.

Comment

Working...
          X