Behmor reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behmor reviews

Hi there. For those who have a Behmor did you find the taste in the cup drastically better than using a popcorn maker, or is it mainly the convenience and quantity it can handle that are the big drawcards?

Yes. Popcorn roasts are bollocks by comparison (or maybe I just never got good at them).

Also much cleaner and larger loads.

Comment

Have got and used a Behmor regularly. Good, consistent and repeatable results. However, have actually gone in the opposite direction to some and now use a Coretto due to ability to do larger batch size and have greater control over the roast profile than possible with Behmor.

Sean

Comment

Never used other roasting method than Behmor. I find Behmor very easy to use with consistent result. It is also very quiet which helps identifying second crack arrival which announces itself softly like a whisper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazooka View Post
          Never used other roasting method than Behmor. I find Behmor very easy to use with consistent result. It is also very quiet which helps identifying second crack arrival which announces itself softly like a whisper.
          Thanks Bazooka. Can the Behmor be used inside the house (if say set up near the kitchen range-hood)?

Comment

Originally posted by Gavisconi007 View Post
            Thanks Bazooka. Can the Behmor be used inside the house (if say set up near the kitchen range-hood)?
            Yep. That said, if you want to cool the beans more quickly it means opening the door, which means smoke and chaff

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov21 View Post
              Yep. That said, if you want to cool the beans more quickly it means opening the door, which means smoke and chaff
              And so there's no other distraction, As I used to, disconnect your smoke detector before starting. Just make sure you you connect afterwards though!

Comment

I agree with Kevo, roasting inside the house can set off the fire alarm. So i roast in my garage instead, it makes the garage smells really nice

Comment

Originally posted by Kevo View Post
                  And so there's no other distraction, As I used to, disconnect your smoke detector before starting. Just make sure you you connect afterwards though!
                  Yeah, I love in an apartment with a balcony on the main street, so it's hard to hear the cracks properly.

Comment

Yeah, I love in an apartment with a balcony on the main street, so it's hard to hear the cracks properly.
                    Do you love on the balcony too?

I too live in an apartment and roast on the balcony where I share the aromas, chaff and smoke with my neighbours.

One time, with the balcony door open, the draft took the smoke inside and set off the smoke alarm at the other end of my abode.

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Duncan View Post
                      Do you love on the balcony too?
                      I did once (a long time ago) but got caught by my housemate and all of his buddies...

Comment

One awkward moment when roasting outdoor at night is vacuuming chaff from the roaster, not exactly a quiet excercise

Comment

i have my behmor under the rangehood and it works well

Comment

Hi Gavisconi007 , once you get a few Behmor roasts out ( and some will be ok , one or two you'll have to bin , and some you might be pretty close to spot on with ) and you slip into the Behmor mindset then you should find it's a great roaster with the benefits of very repeatable roasting with a respectable roast batch size.
                            Put good stock in and if you've got some experience from other roasting methods , the Behmor should produce great results .
                            My comment about mindset was the requirement to think ahead to hit the cooling phase - it's not like Corretto with the ability to pull the roast at the point you want and dump the beans into the cooler - the Beans will continue on their merry roasting way for a while after the cooling phase is started in the Behmor .
                            My Behmor has done 5 or 6 roasts this week - it sits in the kitchen and the noisiest part is the vacuum cleaning after (( okay okay , so I vacuum clean the roaster , and the lathe and milling machine ... ;-)
                            It's a bit smokey - but I do leave the door ajar after first crack starts , and it's quiet enough to hear really quiet cracks .
                            The thermocouple mod and measurement is really worthwhile , and you do need to be careful with batch load sizes - get it wrong with a larger batch size than the profile suggests then the beans are (not) toast , merely browned off and underdone beans ; but it's all part of learning to use a Behmor .
                            go forward and roast , ( or to paraphrase the saying about voting ;-) ) .. roast early and often .
                            pip.

Comment

I,m sure glad I don,t live next door to you dragunov.
                              All that luvin on the balcony would easily be heard with many a fine crack amongst the neighbourhood.
                              If the popping of cracks dont catch our ear, the smell would.

Comment

Working...
                              X