No announcement yet.

Behmor 1600 Plus - Coffee Roaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Andy and Mal. I've done it "the hard way", but I got going and am happily finishing my second roast for the day!

Comment

• Yeah, we know that. I think Mal and I were only posting in the thread so when someone else finds it one day they'll see the punchline.

Glad you got it sorted, happy roasting!

Comment

• Got it in one mate...

Mal.

Comment

• Hi all, has anyone had a 1600 Plus take longer than usual to roast?

My roast times (400g, P2, A) have gone from 18-19 mins duration, to 24-25 mins. 1C was 15.5 to 17 mins, now 22-23 mins.

Same CS beans, same location/method/etc.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Check the afterburner (roof heating element). Hit the cool cycle and see if it lights up.

Comment

• Originally posted by shauno View Post
              Hi all, has anyone had a 1600 Plus take longer than usual to roast?

My roast times (400g, P2, A) have gone from 18-19 mins duration, to 24-25 mins. 1C was 15.5 to 17 mins, now 22-23 mins.

Any ideas?

Have you been cleaning it (particularly the area around the temp sensors) as per schedule? I'm not sure that afterburner failure would extend roasting times so much....it is more likely to cause excessive smoke after first crack....but can't hurt checking.

You can also run a system self-check

https://coffeesnobs.com.au/roasters/...pretation.html

Comment

• Thanks, afterburner doesn’t seem to light up...

Is this an easy fix?

Comment

• Remove the afterburner and inspect it.

Obviously with the roster unplugged...
                  Remove right side panel, left side panel and top panel.
                  You can get at the afterburner.

If the wire is broken near one of the terminals you might be able to reattach it.
                  If it's broken in the middle you can't (as the Ohms will then be too high).

We normally carry some as spares but they in the roaster order that didn't arrive in December, Jan, Feb, March and nearly April.

How do they break? Typically from someone slipping with the sprung door and it slams closed while the after burner is hot, the shock breaks the wire that's more brittle hot than when it's cold.

Open yours up and post a picture of what happened for further remote diagnosis.

Comment

• Thanks, will do...

So it’s the “hot wire”, rather than an electrical wire that breaks? If it was electrical I could probably solder or replace it...

Comment

• Originally posted by shauno View Post
                      Hi all, has anyone had a 1600 Plus take longer than usual to roast?

Any ideas?
                      Did this fix your roast time issue? I have just started experiencing something similar. Have done a thorough clean and still having the same issue.

Comment

• Andy
                        Andy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Did you check the afterburner like discussed in most of the previous posts?
                        With drum and tray removed, press [Cool] and look up in the ceiling to see if it gets hot.

• Checked and it doesn't light up or get hot. Do you have any spares in stock?

Comment

• Andy
                        Andy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Check in BeanBay

• This may be better placed in another forum, but what do other CSers do when they get distracted and the Behmor safety mechanism kicks in? I have had a Behmor for 6 or 7 years, well over 1,000 roasts. I've always tried to redo the batch to resurrect it, usually seems to turn out at least semi-ok. Do you do this or just chuck it out and start again? I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                      X