Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Cafe -replacing rubber stop thingy on blade

Hi All,

I have had my Gene Cafe for less than 3 months, and yesterday while roasting, I noticed two little black things among the still green beans in the roasting chamber. So I stopped the roast, and those little black things turned out to be two halves of the rubber stop from the blade. The machine came with two spares, so I replaced it, dumped the beans and then roasted a fresh batch. Given than the machine has only roasted about 10 batches, I'm a bit concerned about getting additional parts. I can't find online anywhere that seems to sell them. So, my questions to other Gene Cafe owners are :

1. Have you needed to replace the rubber thing, and if so how often ?
    2. Have you been able to source a supplier of new ones ?
    3. Is there something else I can use instead ?
    4. Aside from the sound (without it, it sounds like a single bean FC each time the drum rotates ) are there any implications for using the roaster without the rubber thing ?

If anyone can help with any of the questions, I would be really grateful.

Di
    Last edited by Addicted; 30 December 2014, 05:35 PM. Reason: fixed typos

Avacuppa is the importer and they have the rubber bumper- even though it's not listed that I can see on their website. You might need to send an email or call.

Replacement and/or spare parts for Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster CBR-101

Comment

Thanks a lot Chris. I'll contact them tomorrow.

Comment

That reminds me; I have to replace mine too. Doesn't make any difference to the operation of the machine. It just makes a loud 'clack'.

Comment

Originally posted by ajayro57 View Post
          Doesn't make any difference to the operation of the machine. It just makes a loud 'clack'.
          Thanks for the info. Good to know !

Comment

Working...
          X