Behmor Drum Lid Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behmor Drum Lid Broken

Can anyone suggest what to do. I cleaned the drum today after roasting, and the lid fell off. The little metal wire that was holding it in place just got detached. I have no idea what to do. I am guessing it can be soldered or welded on if soldering is not appropriate but wanted to check here first before doing anything stupid and destroying it completely. I have no idea where to get the replacement if needed. Bought my Behmor here about 1.5year ago.

You can use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page to inquire about replacement parts.

Java "Contact Us" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I get that :-)

I was hoping it won't come to that stage.

Comment

G'day jabbba...

You know those very small stainless steel chains that you sometimes see in pet stores and the like; don't see why you couldn't grab one of these, open and remove a couple of links and then position them appropriately as hinge points back on the drum and re-close. Have done this sort of thing many times on small devices and works a treat...

Mal.

Comment

I'll try and report back. Great suggestion

Comment

No worries mate...

Mal.

Comment

That's a great idea Mal, as long as the chain is indeed stainless steel. Galvanized or chrome plated chain would be a bad idea though.

Java "Be safe, not sorry!" phile

Comment

Take two of the most smallest keyrings, put each aside of the double middle-bar and fiddle tease according to the drum-ring, I bought this week a second hand 1600 and these had the same problem, and solved it today with two of these rings and yes the are nickel plated "so what" ??

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by @3aan View Post
                  ...and yes the are nickel plated "so what" ??
                  Many (Maybe even most?) chrome platings are not food safe. Additionally; cheap platings commonly delaminate/flake off both when the part has been bent or when the part is subjected to high heat. Combine those two and the chances are even higher that delamination/flaking will occur.

Java "Prefers to listen to heavy metal rather than drinking it" phile

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                    Many (Maybe even most?) chrome platings are not food safe. Additionally; cheap platings commonly delaminate/flake off both when the part has been bent or when the part is subjected to high heat. Combine those two and the chances are even higher that delamination/flaking will occur.

Java "Prefers to listen to heavy metal rather than drinking it" phile
                    So what again, what do you think that there will end-up in the cup? right, nothing! Or do you thinks there will be flakes in your espresso?
                    But only for You I made a pair of others (the rings where to loose) see the picture for some detail. Stainless steel.

Comment

Javaphile applauds

Java "If a hand claps in the woods do the trees hear it?" phile

Comment

Working...
                      X