Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee Roaster made in Australia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coffee Roaster made in Australia

    Are there any coffee roasters machines made in Australia?
    If so how they are compared to others(price, quality etc)?

  • #2
    Hello kvasovnm,

    You may as well classify our local Has Garanti range as made in Australia as the electricals and gas train are all locally fabricated and installed by site sponsor Coffee Roasters Australia.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
      Hello kvasovnm,

      You may as well classify our local Has Garanti range as made in Australia as the electricals and gas train are all locally fabricated and installed by site sponsor Coffee Roasters Australia.
      Not sure if the Turks would agree with you on that one, nor the ACCC / Australian Consumer Law for that matter (i.e ref "substantial transformation test" on country of origin / Made in Australia claims).

      Having said that, it's good to see importers taking such measures to ensure compliance with local regs. etc.

      Comment


      • #4
        There's always one who reads literally.

        There are no completely Australian manufactured roasters that I'm aware of other than Andy's.

        Importing little more than a chassis and drum and then manufacturing the rest is pretty similar to the % transformation you receive when you purchase your commode(ore).

        Comment


        • #5
          "Not sure if the Turks would agree with you on that one, nor the ACCC / Australian Consumer Law for that matter (i.e ref "substantial transformation test" on country of origin / Made in Australia claims).".....??

          I may seem sad to say but what things are completely made here in Australia anymore? I work for a well known Truck manufacturer. Will the ACCCcome down hard on them for saying there trucks are Australian made, even when they are not?

          Cheers,

          Chris

          Comment


          • #6
            There was one in NSW... on the Central Coast somewhere (Gosford I think)... claiming to make their own roasters and also water based pollution control. Had a few listings on eBay for very good prices too. Can't remember what the brand name was.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
              There's always one who reads literally.

              There are no completely Australian manufactured roasters that I'm aware of other than Andy's.

              Importing little more than a chassis and drum and then manufacturing the rest is pretty similar to the % transformation you receive when you purchase your commode(ore).
              Yep, you're spot on with that one re the commode.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hiya kvasovnm

                Visit the link to the CS sponsor RoastMax http://coffeesnobs.com.au/sponsors/2...-roasters.html
                Will's roasters are made overseas but are made to his specs. I bought a 2nd hand ex-demo HG roaster from him many years ago.

                Have a chat to Talk Coffee also. Thats two sponsors that could help you out.

                The roasters are assembled here to Aust specifications for gas and electrical safety requirements.

                Mike

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mouldy View Post
                  Yep, you're spot on with that one re the commode.
                  Aka voxhaul, aka opal.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X