My behmor arrived - but watch out for that warning sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My behmor arrived - but watch out for that warning sticker

I'm over the moon that my shiny new Behmor Roaster has just arrived but not entirely happy that the warning (terms and conditions) sticker plastered over the control panel also removes the Behmor logo when you take it off. I guess it doesn't matter, but it's annoying to lose a whole lot of resale value in the first few minutes of owning it.

Anyway, I'm off to set it up and give it a whirl...
    Attached Files

Talked to Andy or Joe Behm as yet?

Mal.

Comment

My label didn't remove the logo, but did leave sticky residue all over the panel. I have been a bit scared to clean it off in case I removed the logo.

Comment

I had the same issue. Left me with my first impression of Behmor, ie they don't care about the details. Other companies use easy to remove labels, why can't they. I eventually got it off with De-Solv-It and lots of gentle rubbing. Logo survived unharmed thankfully. It was a very annoying start to Behmor ownership.

Comment

Andy tells me that the stickers are a bit of a headache at the moment. Most of them peel off fine but every now and then you get a dodgy one that's way too sticky.

Knowing me though, I'm sure that damage from the sticker will be the least of the roaster's cosmetic problems after a few dozen roasts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFreddofrog View Post
            I had the same issue. Left me with my first impression of Behmor, ie they don't care about the details. Other companies use easy to remove labels, why can't they. I eventually got it off with De-Solv-It and lots of gentle rubbing. Logo survived unharmed thankfully. It was a very annoying start to Behmor ownership.
            Would it have neen as annoying as DOA?

From what jeffk said, Andy and Behmor are looking at the issue.

I am hoping to read your report on your first roast very soon! Must be exciting for you!

Comment

No definitely as annoying as DOA. This thing though has a multitude of design flaws, mainly around the interface design. I'll be writing to them so I can understand their logic cause as it stands, this is one of the most unintuitive appliances I have ever owned.

Comment

3..2..1..go

Comment

In perspective, people: this is a $500 roaster. I roast coffee that tastes better than my friend's coffee out of his $60,000 roaster and if I tip a batch it costs me a few bucks instead of hundreds of dollars.

Comment

Very true, setting my first batch on fire and covering the inside of the machine with soot certainly put the label residue in perspective!

Comment

No definitely as annoying as DOA. This thing though has a multitude of design flaws, mainly around the interface design. I'll be writing to them so I can understand their logic cause as it stands, this is one of the most unintuitive appliances I have ever owned.
                      Rather than repeatedly rant on the forum, have you actually contacted Andy?

What is it that you are comparing the Behmor to? Have you owned another roaster in the price range? I have, an i-Coffee and a Gene.....both are in working order....but I use the Behmor week in and week out.

Comment

Please show me where I am repeatedly ranting.

Comment

Please show me where I am repeatedly ranting.

Fair enough, my apologies, maybe 'ranting' is too strong a descriptor. But, you've owned the roaster for a very short period of time (have you actually tasted any beans yet?). So far, we've seen Posts #4 and #7 in this thread, and the new thread you started about the roaster's inability to maintain a desired profile. A few times it has been suggested that if you have a problem with your roaster to contact Andy (presumably the vendor) in the first instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
                            Rather than repeatedly rant on the forum
                            Barry may have remembered certain conversations about water filtration etc.
                            But hey indulging a little rant here and there is entertaining and shows the forum isnt too precious...

Comment

We like arguing and ranting!

Comment

Working...
                              X