Upgrading panel for behmor roaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading panel for behmor roaster

Has anyone upgraded the behmor 1600 to 1600plus by changing the panel?

Is it worth it or overrated?

Yes,definitely worth it. Definitely not overrated. There are other threads about the upgrade. Have a search.

Comment

I've read a lot of information on the upgrade. The opinion of people who have had the old and actually upgraded to the new is of interest to me. I probably have to order it from australia, it's impossible to get in europe...

Comment

How about the opinion of those who chose not to upgrade and resorted to a controlled power level mod? Would that be of interest to you?

Comment

Well if you chose not to upgrade I would like to hear about your mod. Please tell!

Comment

It is somewhere in this thread. http://coffeesnobs.com.au/home-roast...rate-rise.html

Comment

Not really a beginner mod but sounds interesting. How does it work?

Comment

It is a simple variable power level controller. Use it with P1 auto on the Behmor 1600 or P5 manual on a Behmor Plus. You will have 0% to 100% heat level with no steps in between. If you think this mod is not easy, you will find that upgrading the panel is a bit more complicated.

Comment

Ok now I get your idea. So you choose one p-botton to mod and then you can regulate power externally. Nice! Do you have pics and diagrams to follow?

Comment

All what you need is what I posted on the other thread. You can decide how you want to mount the SSVR+Potentiometer. I have mine mounted on a board externally.

Comment

Can you post a picture please?

Comment

Sorry it's in storage. I bring my Behmor out only when I roast every 3 weeks. Just roasted a few days ago. FWIW, a picture won't be of much help.

Comment

Finally I got my upgrade panel and one hour and about 30 small screws later I did a successful self test. Yeah! Now I look forward to more control over my roasts in my trusty behmor.

Comment

Working...
                          X