Corretto meltdown - DANGER, DANGER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corretto meltdown - DANGER, DANGER

Here's a good reason to skip the corretto and buy yourself a decent roaster.

Before:

After:

My good friend nearly burnt his house down !!!
    Last edited by kbc; 20 April 2016, 11:35 AM.

Wow! Was he not watching the roast?

Comment

Another point would probably be to purchase quality heat guns. there is a reason tradies buy Bosch, Dewalt, Makita etc. they are reliable. The price difference is easily balanced out over time. I don't know the brand of gun in the photos, so please take this as a general warning. There are other good brands, I have just mentioned a few. chippy

Comment

It wasn't the brand of gun. He forgot the roast was on and left it for half an hour or so.
        Result - serous flames, smoke and meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
          Here's a good reason to skip the corretto and buy yourself a decent roaster.

Before:

After:

My good friend nearly burnt his house down !!!
          I disagree, people can and will misuse any device known to man, power saws are dangerous, its easy to damage yourself with one, deep fryers can ignite, cars are death traps, people die in em every day, the list is infinite, we still continue to use these things (most of us take the necessary precautions when doing so) because we find them useful.

The Corretto is a great low cost roasting setup that produces excellent results, been using one weekly for almost 10 years and never once looked like starting a fire.

Of course if you have the attention span of a gnat you may want to stay away from em, and cars, and motor bikes, and power tools and kitchen knives, and lawn mowers and skate boards, think you get the picture.
          Last edited by Yelta; 20 April 2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee View Post
            It wasn't the brand of gun. He forgot the roast was on and left it for half an hour or so.
            Result - serous flames, smoke and meltdown.
            As I said, forgot he was roasting, seriously!

Comment

So not so much the Corrette setup that was dangerous........ rather the user.
              Amazing that he couldn't stand there for the <20 minutes it takes to roast!!

As Yelta has pointed out....... plenty things out there much more dangerous than an old bread maker and heat gun...

Comment

Yep - I told him to invest $10 in a timer - or use his phone timer. He will.

Comment

The melted gun is a bit of a work of art.

Comment

And as a precaution keep a fire extinguisher and blanket handy as we do in the kitchen, kitchens are dangerous places.

As a matter of interest Paul you've obviously posted pics, I'm not seeing them.

Comment

And the bread maker looks like it might still be good? ha

Comment

I'm on a Windows 10 desktop, seeing nothing.

Comment

Got it sorted, Adblock Plus was doing its work very effectively, all good now.

Do ya reckon the HG is repairable?

Comment

If he had a "decent roaster" and forgot about it he'd likely be in just as much trouble, don't blame the roasting set up for user error.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
                              Got it sorted, Adblock Plus was doing its work very effectively, all good now.

Do ya reckon the HG is repairable?
                              Still good - that'll buff right out!

Comment

Working...
                              X