Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice for making a behmor-like roaster at home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice for making a behmor-like roaster at home!

Hi Folks,

I am trying to convert a countertop oven into a coffee roaster. I have got a new Behmor drum and a small AC motor with 15 fixed RPM.

Turntable Synchronous Motor Robust 50/60Hz AC100-127V 4W 15-18RPM Sale - Banggood.com

My current problem is how to connect the motor to the drum. I looked up for square couplings online and couldn't find much. There are some few couplings which are too expensive for my budget.

If anyone could share their experiences and thoughts / post pics of the Behmor roaster's coupling and connectors / lead me to the right place to look for the connectors that would be a great help.

Cheers,
    Ali

How about checking out a variety of Universal Couplings/Adapters that come in most socket sets...

Mal.

Comment

Your motor is rated for 100-127 volts AC which may not play nicely with our nominal 230VAC power supply :-/

Matt

Edit: a safer and easier idea would be to use a battery operated BBQ rotisserie motor, you'd have to check the RPM first though.
      Last edited by MattyRay; 15 May 2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Could be posting from the States...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
          Could be posting from the States...

Mal.
          True Mal, it's a small world after all!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRay View Post
            Your motor is rated for 100-127 volts AC which may not play nicely with our nominal 230VAC power supply :-/

Matt

Edit: a safer and easier idea would be to use a battery operated BBQ rotisserie motor, you'd have to check the RPM first though.
            Hey Matt,
            I am in Canada. So the 110 V motor is not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
              How about checking out a variety of Universal Couplings/Adapters that come in most socket sets...

Mal.
              I'll look it up. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X