Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popper recommendations?

Hi All,

I'm really keen to give roasting a try. I've searched the forums but haven't found a succinct list (maybe there isn't one) of poppers that are recommended to try with roasting. Is any basic popper (from BigW, Target, etc) with side vents suitable? I see a lot of info on modding - I'm not particularly technically inclined. Can you get by with just the popper as is? Otherwise, what are the minimum modifications to make to improve the chances of a good roast?

Thanks everyone.

Paul

G'day Paul,
    I don't know if you've already seen it, but have a look through this 'sticky' thread. It has some good information in it. http://coffeesnobs.com.au/roasters/2...ng-popper.html
    Pretty much any popper will do, there's not a lot of variation in their construction. Go for a cheap one, that way you can see if you like the concept without spending up too much.

Comment

I recommend calling charity stores (Good Sammys, Salvos etc). Money goes to a good cause and you'll pay next to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee
        Welcome to home roasting Paul.
        Home roasting is a turning point. It's what turned coffee from "a drink" into a hobby for me.

A popper is a great way to start

And a hobby into an obsession!

Comment

Working...
        X