Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KitchenAid roaster?

Possible coffee roasting kit

Saw this in a department store and a couple of questions came to mind. Could this contraption roast coffee? And how much coffee could it roast?
    It apparently operates to 250C. All be it a very expensive piece of kit to turn into a roaster, would be interesting to see if it actually works though.

Your thoughts?

I doubt those paddles will agitate the beans enough to prevent scorching.

Comment

Thsts an easy fix though. What is it meant to do?

Comment

It's just KitchenAid's Thermomix copy. 75 rpm max stirring speed - might be good enough for 250 g. Worth trying (when the wife is out) if you already had one, but at $750 you'd want it do much larger quantities to remotely consider it over a Behmor.

Comment

Originally posted by simonko View Post
          It's just KitchenAid's Thermomix copy.
          Oh, is that what it is. Obviously designed to sucker people out of money. I wonder if it comes with complementary explosions.

Comment

Would it even have any airflow? I'd be worried about baking …

Comment

Originally posted by simonko View Post
              It's just KitchenAid's Thermomix copy. 75 rpm max stirring speed - might be good enough for 250 g. Worth trying (when the wife is out) if you already had one, but at $750 you'd want it do much larger quantities to remotely consider it over a Behmor.
              Don't you mean $1700?

Comment

RRP is $749 according to David Jones. Thermomix chops as well (so along with MLM 3 times that price), so you'd get that if you'd want to roast and grind .

Comment

Working...
                X