Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behmor AB Coffee Roaster (also known as AB 1600 Plus and 1600 AB plus)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behmor AB Coffee Roaster (also known as AB 1600 Plus and 1600 AB plus)

The Behmor AB is making a bit of noise via here, email, social media etc and I thought it was time to post a new thread.

Firstly and importantly, it does not exist yet!

Secondly, it's a minor upgrade to meet new EU rules.

Hand made prototypes of the 220v/230v/240v model are currently going through the certification process in Europe to meet their new electrical noise and safety standards. This roaster has some added insulation, different electrical components and double pane glass in the door to meet those standards.

This is the vaporware picture currently in BeanBay.

* The most obvious change is the colour, yes, it's "All Black" (AB).

* It has a different front handle from both the original USA and AU models.

* The side circuit board and the front panel use different electronics

* Roaster usage is the same.

The current schedule looks like the EU model will get certification about July and the AU electrical standards shortly after.
    We will then build a container load of roasters and have them shipped here.

...so September is the best guess at the moment.

Per the BeanBay listing, please use the [Contact Us] to get added to the Behmor AB notification list. We'll email updates when we have them.

With a name like that and as a kiwi rugby fanatic vaguely thinking about a roaster, this looks like a must
    Thanks Andy, will watch with interest
    Cheers
    Dave

Comment

I did wonder if we needed a or ® or © when we use the AB name and knowing Mr Behm I expect he has already registered the mark somehow (but maybe not in NZ).

Maybe we'll have a
      Bledisloe special edition to send over the ditch?

Comment

They won’t be able to sell it as the AB in New Zealand without raising the ire of NZ Rugby. They’re rightfully quite protective of the moniker.

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
          They won’t be able to sell it as the AB in New Zealand without raising the ire of NZ Rugby. They’re rightfully quite protective of the moniker.
          Well, I'd doubt that Behmor will re-brand it to meet NZ demands, so people might to (all) grey import it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
            Well, I'd doubt that Behmor will re-brand it to meet NZ demands, so people might to (all) grey import it.
            There’s an NZ distributor that works closely with Andy. I’m sure they’re pondering this issue as we speak.

Comment

I very much doubt anyone would actually care if it's called "Behmor AB", we'll just keep the meaning secret!

Comment

They could just call it 'Mor Black'.

Comment

Maybe the special edition Behmor Fifty Shades of Roast packaged with special edition roastwear?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Behmor Fifty Shades ed..png
Views:	2
Size:	502.2 KB
ID:	750073 + Click image for larger version

Name:	Behmor roast wear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	750074

First and second crack take on a whole new meaning.

Comment

New Behmor 1600AB

Just read the All Black (NOT NZ) model is coming soon, best new feature (I reckon) is an audio beep when Unattended time is up. Would love to know whether the new PCB would retrofit the older model...

Comment

Originally posted by Gretsch View Post
                      Just read the All Black (NOT NZ) model is coming soon, best new feature (I reckon) is an audio beep when Unattended time is up.
                      I'm assuming you read that on the email that I just sent to the "Behmor notification list"

Sadly, I've not had much to say as we await others to do the certification requirements but at least I have a prototype to play with now and the factory has built the parts for the build to commence as soon as the bureaucratic bit is done.

Originally posted by Gretsch View Post
                      Would love to know whether the new PCB would retrofit the older model.
                      In theory, yes but only as a pair with the 1600AB front panel.
                      The side circuit board and the front panel work together to give the beep so both will be needed. The transformer and other parts are the same.

Currently the 1600AB beeps for the first 5 seconds of the 30 second unattended countdown, I think there is a chance that will change to the whole 30 seconds in the production model. This long winded and expensive re-certification is one of the reasons the previous model couldn't have a "beeper added" but now it's happening anyway, Mr Behm added it to the features.

We are expecting to land "Behmor 1600AB upgrade kits" with the roaster build so people can add the black front panel and new side circuit-board to their previous model roasters. Cost is unknown but hoping under $100 for both delivered within AU.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                        In theory, yes but only as a pair with the 1600AB front panel.
                        The side circuit board and the front panel work together to give the beep so both will be needed. The transformer and other parts are the same.

Currently the 1600AB beeps for the first 5 seconds of the 30 second unattended countdown, I think there is a chance that will change to the whole 30 seconds in the production model. This long winded and expensive re-certification is one of the reasons the previous model couldn't have a "beeper added" but now it's happening anyway, Mr Behm added it to the features.

We are expecting to land "Behmor 1600AB upgrade kits" with the roaster build so people can add the black front panel and new side circuit-board to their previous model roasters. Cost is unknown but hoping under $100 for both delivered within AU.
                        Well that's great. I often get distracted and miss hitting that "I'm still here" button.

Comment

I did not know about the beep!!! Great addition!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.gif
Views:	1
Size:	779.0 KB
ID:	750392
                            Ah, the machine that goes 'ping'

Comment

Wait for all the complaints that the beep isn’t loud enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X