Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffeetech Solar and FZ94 roasters

G'day folks

Every time i search for info on the Solar roaster it leads me right back here!
    I am grateful for all the input on these forums and absolutely love my Solar 2kg.

So who has or does use a Coffeetech roaster?

Id love to compare notes and a coffee.

Cheers
    POB

I’ve had a torrefatorre 2kg for 8-9 years.it was in the first batch imported to Australia I think about 8-9 years ago. It’s still going strong and roast results are consistent and excellent. It’s less advanced than the fz94 but does the trick for me.

Comment

Originally posted by beabeabeaner View Post
      I’ve had a torrefatorre 2kg for 8-9 years.it was in the first batch imported to Australia I think about 8-9 years ago. It’s still going strong and roast results are consistent and excellent. It’s less advanced than the fz94 but does the trick for me.
      Same as beabeabeaner, great, reliable, consistent, has not missed a beat roast after roast--best ten grand I ever spent!!!
      Cheers Greenman

Comment

Im a noobie but have to say i agree 100%.

where sis you guys purchase from? And who services for you?

10k is cheap!

Comment

Hi
          Does anyone know who now distributes the Coffee-Tech roasters here in Australia? How reliable are they, and where would you purchase spare parts if need be? I am considering a used Solar 2kg, but am concerned about its weight and size for a home roaster. Anyone know its specs? Thanks heaps.

Comment

Originally posted by deco0028 View Post
            Hi
            Does anyone know who now distributes the Coffee-Tech roasters here in Australia? How reliable are they, and where would you purchase spare parts if need be? I am considering a used Solar 2kg, but am concerned about its weight and size for a home roaster. Anyone know its specs? Thanks heaps.
            Previously ex. sponsor Coffee Roasters Australia. Now, nobody to the best of my knowledge. They're super reliable. You will find specs with a simple Google search for the Coffee Tech website.
            Last edited by Caffeinator; 5 August 2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Welcome RR. Assuming as you have been here a couple of months you know the rules, so congratulations on becoming a site sponsor.. You may want to get Andy to change your designation to site sponsor so people don't think you are business opportunistically taking advantage of the site.

Comment

I own a 2kg Solar roaster which ive had for 6 years. I've just recently upgraded to a 5kg roaster. However I must say the Solar has served me very well. Ive only ha 1 element go in it whilst its been in my hands and I have roasted a fair amount of coffee on it. They are a different way of roasting however the principles of roasting are the same. The only thing Ive never liked about the roaster is the cooling in the drum. One because it took a lot of time which i didn't have but also I like to cool my beans down quicker than what it would and does cool the beans down. They have have updated the cooling part to the roaster But the method i used i used pretty much from the start of owning one.

some ducting and cooling box and a dust extractor has your beans cooled pretty fast.

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Thanks everyone. Sounds like a great unit for the home roaster. Rob

Comment

Working...
                  X