Kaffelogic Nano 7 fluidised air bed roaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaffelogic Nano 7 fluidised air bed roaster

Anyone got one of these? What are they like?
    Attached Files

Bean popper on roids? I must google this!

Comment

100grams at a go an for the pricing im seeing you could run two genes at 200-250 grams each hrmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Sullo View Post
        100grams at a go an for the pricing im seeing you could run two genes at 200-250 grams each hrmmmmm
        why not three 1600s for cheaper and 400g each

Comment

A friend of mine has just bought one for his business. It’s early days yet, but so far so good. They’re really a competitor to the Ikawa rather than home roasters like a Gene or Behmor. Apparently the proprietary software isn’t quite as good as the Ikawa, but in every other way it’s just about equal or better. It has a larger capacity and is about a 5th of the price so I think they’re probably going to go quite well. I’m sure a few will find their way into homes as well as at first glance they seem a lot easier to use than the above mentioned home roasters. I think they’re about $1500 so not cheap, but very well made and pretty good value when all other sample roasters are $5k +.

Comment

Originally posted by woodhouse View Post
            why not three 1600s for cheaper and 400g each
            Easy. The 1600 is designed to turn green beans brown. It's also not designed to roast a typical 50g green sample (which is all you often get). The Kaffeelogic and the Ikawa are profiling sample roasters: a completely different ballgame.

For the home user, you'd perhaps roast a couple of days ahead confident that you could pretty much put some beans in and walk away knowing that if you run the same profile, you get the same result.

If it works reliably, consistently and well, it will nail it for businesses requiring a sample roaster which is less expensive than an Ikawa.

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post
              Easy. The 1600 is designed to turn green beans brown. It's also not designed to roast a typical 50g green sample (which is all you often get). The Kaffeelogic and the Ikawa are profiling sample roasters: a completely different ballgame.

For the home user, you'd perhaps roast a couple of days ahead confident that you could pretty much put some beans in and walk away knowing that if you run the same profile, you get the same result.

If it works reliably, consistently and well, it will nail it for businesses requiring a sample roaster which is less expensive than an Ikawa.
              well said. my post was in jest. [emoji28]

Comment

Originally posted by woodhouse View Post
                well said. my post was in jest. [emoji28]
                Which is how I understood it...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
                  Which is how I understood it...

Mal.
                  Agreed- Nevertheless, there are always some... Ya gotta learn 'em somehow :P

Comment

Yep, fair 'nuff...

Mal.

Comment

Well I bought the roaster and just had an espresso (and an iced coffee) 6 days into the roast using a default full city profile on an Ethiopian Limu. The tiger striping was beautiful from my naked portafilter. The shot was one of the sweetest I have had and I am very happy so far. Thought you might like to know. On the community pages you can also roast by copy and pasting other peoples profiles through a flash drive. Like the Ikawa.

Comment

Oh and one more thing I wanted to mention is I was amazed by how the little chips of bean do not burn in this roaster. They seem to roast to the desired level. Technology is amazing!

Comment

Couldn’t be happier than with mine. Roasted to second crack twice and didn’t like the result. After trying the inbuilt dark profiles and resting the beans for 3-7 days the resulting ristretto was wonderful. I can roast two batches of 120 grams of green beans in half an hour including bagging and labelling.
                          It is good to be able to roast indoors with my cooktop range hood dealing with the small amount of smoke.

Comment

Got mine, first roast, impressed

Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	751152Click image for larger version

Name:	30.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	751151Click image for larger version

Name:	27.jpg
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	751150

Comment

• kiwipom
                              kiwipom commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hi DamianB,
                              Couldn't help noticing your espresso machine.
                              What is the make & model?
                              Thanks.

Top looking roast there Damian...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                            X