No announcement yet.

Kaffelogic Nano 7 fluidised air bed roaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up one of these a few days ago and for me it's a real gamechanger. The coffee tastes awesome and with perfect bean profiling in relatively small quantities is letting me re-discover my green in a way that I never managed too before! And it's a massive plus that on average, each roast takes about 2 minutes of my time - Load green, select profile, press play and wander off. Come back and spill the perfectly cooled, perfectly roasted beans whenever it suits...

Yup, I'm impressed. Roasting is fun again

Comment

And my unveiling of the machine. With hindsight, 3.0 was way too light for Mexican!

Comment

• amberale
        amberale commented
        Editing a comment
        HI JB.
        Does this have bluetooth/wifi capability yet?
        I’m keen on one but use an iPad and would like to interact with that.
        I am envious.

• jaybee
        jaybee commented
        Editing a comment
        No. A USB thumb drive is used to hold a set of profiles that can be loaded and also for recording logs. You can get memory sticks with wifi built in which are designed to let apple products use them.

I wonder how many users have never even wandered from the built in K-Logic roast, its a very nice generic profile that performs exceedingly well.

338 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice video Jaybee. It was slow going from minute 3 to minute 20, but either side of that was good. Impressed with how fast you had it working

They have talked about a connected model so perhaps someday in the future.

Comment

• amberale
        amberale commented
        Editing a comment
        They have indicated some announcements before Christmas on new features.
        I saw something on a UK site.

Originally posted by 338 View Post
      Nice video Jaybee. It was slow going from minute 3 to minute 20, but either side of that was good. Impressed with how fast you had it working
      Thanks, and thankfully I've never have to sit through that dead time again I just set it going and wander off...

Drinking Sulawesi Blue triple sorted today roasted with Firestarter profile 3.8. A fabulous cup. Will do batches to 3.6 and 3.4 to see if improves even more.

Comment

Been using my Nano for about 5-6 months now, and it's been a lot of fun, with the occasional bout of frustration. I'm always trying to get a good Ethiopian light roast and finding the right profile for that has been tough, but sometimes I strike gold.

Does anyone have a go-to profile for light Ethiopian roasts? I have some green Limu and Guji Haro Lebetu. The latter has been a lot easier to work with than the Limu in pulling out fruit flavours, which I'm starting to think is likely just an inferior lot.

Comment

I'd like to add another positive report for my Nano. It has replaced a malfunctioning Behmor that had given good service, but seemed to be resistant to fixing. I have had my Nano for a month and the consistency of the roasts are amazing. I can get 200g done in 2x100g batches in a set-and-forget type approach every few days. There is no wastage and no burnt beans. I am mainly using the default Classic profile which is good enough for my needs. I tried fiddling with "altitude-specific" roasts but mostly I did not have enough of the different varieties of green beans I had to perfect this approach. My heart is now set on that Decent Espresso machine featured in the post #14!

Comment

• jaybee
            jaybee commented
            Editing a comment
            As I sit here with yet another fabulous coffee made with beautifully roasted beans, I look back and laugh at all the rosters that I've had before with the same sort of derision I have for my first mobile phones Maybe with time the memories will fade and I'll develop a fondness for manual roasting again...
        Working...
        X