X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiwipom
    commented on 's reply
    Hi DamianB,
    Couldn't help noticing your espresso machine.
    What is the make & model?
    Thanks.

• Grug165
    commented on 's reply
    thanks, mate I have roasted a few of the small sample batches that came with the roaster. I am going to throw the Peru in today I am going to do under the classic roast for one batch and another with the new 12 profiles looking at the chart Peru has 2 different altitudes to choose from so I might try the lower one first and see how it goes

• lancruiser
    replied
    Originally posted by Bushtocup View Post
    I was able to access profiles submitted by users and also a set of about 12 uploaded by the Kaffelogic team earlier today. Didn't need to submit my serial number. Maybe there are some extra special ones locked away. But the freely available ones will keep me quiet for a long while.
    Yes, it's an open forum. No hidden profiles. You only need to sign up to post and you will need the serial number to sign up.

Leave a comment:

• Bushtocup
    replied
    I was able to access profiles submitted by users and also a set of about 12 uploaded by the Kaffelogic team earlier today. Didn't need to submit my serial number. Maybe there are some extra special ones locked away. But the freely available ones will keep me quiet for a long while.

Leave a comment:

• quester
    commented on 's reply
    Great advice FNQ. I would add, to download and install the latest Firmware and Studio package. May as well have that beastie humming as you mean to go on!

• FNQ
    replied
    hi Grug165

when your KL arrives , find the serial number and submit to The KL team to get access to the profile bits of the forum. Read the guide and try some simgle roasts to start ( at 100=120 gms in ;it is pretty normal to always roast as single bean_) I would use the Peru as an easy first bean and either the default classic profile and wait/'rest 4 or so days or upload the RTD Ready to Drink profiles and you can drink virtually straight away. Don't go too dark until you see what sort of power you have available.

Leave a comment:

• lancruiser
    replied
    Originally posted by Grug165 View Post
    Hi, all first-time poster.

I've decided I want to start doing my own roasting and have pulled the pin on a KL, which should hopefully arrive later this week. I have grabbed some Colombian, Peru and PNG beans from the CoffeeSnoob store to start playing, I normally use mine in either a delterpress or Aeropress. any tips on a good baseline to start roasting? I normally go for a medium to medium-dark.
    Kaffelogic has a fairly active community forum. You will be able to find roast profiles developed by Kaffelogic as well as profiles contributed by the community. I would suggest sampling some of the profiles on the forum and when you are more confident, develop your own profile to your taste. The ease of developing your own profile and get repeatable results is what makes Kaffelogic shine. Good luck and have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Grug165
    replied
    Hi, all first-time poster.

I've decided I want to start doing my own roasting and have pulled the pin on a KL, which should hopefully arrive later this week. I have grabbed some Colombian, Peru and PNG beans from the CoffeeSnoob store to start playing, I normally use mine in either a delterpress or Aeropress. any tips on a good baseline to start roasting? I normally go for a medium to medium-dark.

Leave a comment:

• DAVEVIC
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your feedback on your first roster kaffelogic

Cheers DAVEVIC

• Covalatt
    replied
    Yeah I'm very happy with the Kaffegic. It's my first roaster so I can't compare with other roasters, but it's so easy to achieve decent results with the default profile from the 1st ever batch.

I mean it's no more difficult than heating up a pizza in the microwave. Just select the desired darkness (ranges from 0 to 5, I've been using 3.5 to 4.0 for medium-dark roasts).

I then hand blend four bean varieties before I divide them into small containers.

Then you can get into tweaking and trying custom profiles. I tries a 'ready to drink' profile for the first time today and it produced a really nice espresso minutes after roasting.

I can highly recommend the roaster. The team at Kaffelogic are very approachable and down to earth, I've exchanged lots of e-mails with the CEO Chris and the coffee consultant Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• DAVEVIC
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for feedback.

• DAVEVIC
    replied
    Thanks sniffcoffe for your opinion on the kaffelogic im happy with the batch size of it as you can do back to back roasting I was looking at the gene roaster and behmor roaster then I came across the kaffelogic and was impressed but haven't seen much feedback as its relatively new.

Leave a comment:

• FNQ
    replied
    Hi Davevic

I have already contributed my two cents earlier in this thread, but as of today the Kaffelogic community pages are providing 12 core roast profiles to make it even easier to get into roasting. ( The profile by covelatt above is one of these shared profiles). I don't profess to know how, but i have tried one of the ready to drink profiles with a Green bay Ethiopian Shakisso and was surprised at how good it was with no resting period.

Leave a comment:

• SniffCoffee
    replied
    They’re an excellent roaster - because you can tweak them as much as you like or simply ‘set and forget’. The firmware gets updated often too.

The batch size is small but you can roast back to back almost immediately - you just need to empty the chaff filter. The chaff removal is excellent too.

The small batch size makes it easy to make blends though. I usually roast 800grams in total and the whole process is done in about 90 mins.

Leave a comment:

• DAVEVIC
    replied
    Covallat are you happy with the kaffelogic roaster?
    I'm looking at getting a roaster if anyone that has bought a kaffelogic roaster if they can give there opinions about it would be much appreciated as it will be my first roaster.

Cheers DAVE

Leave a comment:

Working...
X