Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hullo, hullo, hullo. What's this 'ere then, eh?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hullo, hullo, hullo. What's this 'ere then, eh?

    https://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/V...coffee-roaster


    PS Don't rush,. Not due until second half of this year (but still might beat the Aillio Bullet to our shores)

  • #2
    Faster than a speeding bullet........

    Comment


    • #3
      Shocking thread title (sorry)!

      I'm interested in learning more about this product as well.

      I'm also curious as to whether or not it will beat the Aillio down under.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi all

        Well I think the Jake looks "commercial" and looks solid, like a proper roaster would look like. The Aillio looks like a very well designed, high quality "consumer" roaster. One whispers "I'm a small, real roaster." the other whispers "I look so good in the kitchen."

        A 1 kg is a good sweet spot. My Gene Cafe was a bit small. My 2 kG HG can't really do less than 1 kg. That limits how much experimentation I can do.

        Mike

        Comment


        • #5
          Here’s a nice introductory Video of the Behmor Jake. Looks like the real deal!
          https://youtu.be/5QaGn4Etvdk

          Comment


          • #6
            Hmmm.......

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Trumpetboy View Post
              Here’s a nice introductory Video of the Behmor Jake. Looks like the real deal!
              https://youtu.be/5QaGn4Etvdk
              "Behmor wants you to be more excited about coffee roasting"

              oh my

              Comment


              • #8
                Looks good. I bet we are all wondering what the landed AU compliant item will cost.
                One comment on the YT video Trumpetboy posted mentioned production is likely to start in summer (northern hemisphere) so it would be close to another year before we see AU compliant roasters here. Then, assuming Andy will still be the local Behmor agent, how would these be distributed. I am guessing the Jake would be too bulky and expensive for Andy to have stock at the Snobbery like he did with the 1600.
                Anyway, getting ahead of ourselves. We will no the score when Andy is prepared to tell us.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
                  Looks good. I bet we are all wondering what the landed AU compliant item will cost.
                  One comment on the YT video Trumpetboy posted mentioned production is likely to start in summer (northern hemisphere) so it would be close to another year before we see AU compliant roasters here. Then, assuming Andy will still be the local Behmor agent, how would these be distributed. I am guessing the Jake would be too bulky and expensive for Andy to have stock at the Snobbery like he did with the 1600.
                  Anyway, getting ahead of ourselves. We will no the score when Andy is prepared to tell us.
                  So many guesses Flynn, so little fact (including much of the fluff that comes from other sources). I could give you the salesman BS spiel but instead would prefer to not spin, guess, estimate or feed everyone lots of rubbish (we've seen how that goes with other roasters!).

                  Yes we will stock them.
                  Yes, we will distribute them.
                  No pricing exists.
                  No build date exists.

                  Per:
                  https://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/V...coffee-roaster

                  "Please use the [contact us] below to get added to the Jake notification list and we will let you know more details as we know them."

                  I've been talking to Joe and John about this for 4.5 years, it's an exciting project and when it lands (not this year) it will be very popular I'm sure.

                  Comment


                  • flynnaus
                    flynnaus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ouch. Firmly put in my place.
                    I should point out that the link in my OP says "(arriving mid-late 2020)"
                    Given the AU version of the Bullet is becoming a bit of a mirage I can understand CSers getting a bit toey and looking for alternatives. In the absence of established facts, speculation on Internet forums is now added to the list of certain things in life which goes something like this:
                    - Death
                    - Taxes
                    - Spam/Junk mail
                    - Persian carpet closing down sales
                    - Net users making stuff up cos they can.

                  • Andy
                    Andy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nah, wasn't meant as a slap. I'm getting people off-line getting angry because I won't give them some bullsh!t arrival date or price.

                    AU$-US$ = who knows.
                    Factory hasn't been selected
                    Roaster exists only as a prototype.
                    ..and there is some virus going around that makes the above even more random.

                    The roaster will happen one day and we'll distribute it.
                    Till then, getting added to the notification list is the only honest thing I can do.

                • #10
                  Will there be a version for female coffee snobs to use? Sharon or Jacinta or something?
                  PS. Andy, no need to answer til 2022.

                  Comment


                  • Andy
                    Andy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sure, I'll see if Joe wants to call the Australian complied model Shazza

                • #11
                  Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
                  Will there be a version for female coffee snobs to use? Sharon or Jacinta or something? PS. Andy, no need to answer til 2022.
                  I’d have thought Jaclyn would be appropriate Or Jackie

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
                    Will there be a version for female coffee snobs to use? Sharon or Jacinta or something?
                    PS. Andy, no need to answer til 2022.
                    Notwithstanding that Jake may have been Jade or Jane prior to gender reassignment.

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      'twas actually called the very gender neutral "kilo" prior to getting the name Jake.

                      Which actually impressed me considering it was from a couple of guys stateside who didn't call it the 2 &1/5th pound roaster.

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        I’m genuinely not a fan of it being called Jake. ‘Behmor K’ would have been better. I feel it cheapens it somehow. It’s not a cute little pet, it’s (hopefully) a very robust and industrious roaster.

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          Doesnt Jake also mean - OK, satisfactory, all good, no problem, etc? Is that the intent of the naming? Just wondering.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X