X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behmor1600 heating element issues

Hi guys,
    I've been roasting with Behmor for almost 100batches but lately, after the exhaust fan kicks in the B temp slowly goes down(slower than usual) at the same time A temp slowly goes up and stop raising around 150c even it's on P5(manual).
    At first, I thought it might be a probe reading temp not properly but the coffee beans turn out baked so I think the heating element might be the one causing the problem.
    Wondering have any Behmor users have experienced this problem?
    TYIA
  • Javaphile
    Super Moderator
    Answer selected by Javaphile at 1 week ago.

Have you contacted the reseller?
    Have you checked the afterburner?

With the drum and chaff tray removed, press [Cool] and look up in the chamber ceiling, the afterburner should come on for the first few minutes of the cooling cycle.

The door slamming closed when the roaster is hot is the most common reason to have an afterburner stop working as the wire is more brittle when hot. If the afterburner doesn't heat-up in the [Cool] test you can physically check it by undoing the left, right and top panels and having a look at it (unplugged of course). Sometimes if the break is close to the screw it can be reattached, if its broken in the middle you'll need to replace it but your reseller will tell you this stuff I expect.

Comment

Have you contacted the reseller?
      Have you checked the afterburner?

With the drum and chaff tray removed, press [Cool] and look up in the chamber ceiling, the afterburner should come on for the first few minutes of the cooling cycle.

The door slamming closed when the roaster is hot is the most common reason to have an afterburner stop working as the wire is more brittle when hot. If the afterburner doesn't heat-up in the [Cool] test you can physically check it by undoing the left, right and top panels and having a look at it (unplugged of course). Sometimes if the break is close to the screw it can be reattached, if its broken in the middle you'll need to replace it but your reseller will tell you this stuff I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
        Have you contacted the reseller? Have you checked the afterburner? With the drum and chaff tray removed, press [Cool] and look up in the chamber ceiling, the afterburner should come on for the first few minutes of the cooling cycle. The door slamming closed when the roaster is hot is the most common reason to have an afterburner stop working as the wire is more brittle when hot. If the afterburner doesn't heat-up in the [Cool] test you can physically check it by undoing the left, right and top panels and having a look at it (unplugged of course). Sometimes if the break is close to the screw it can be reattached, if its broken in the middle you'll need to replace it but your reseller will tell you this stuff I expect.
        Thank heaps, Andy I’ll check according your suggestion. Cheers,

Comment

just update
          turns out the coil in the afterburner was broken next to the screw exactly like you reckon, Andy.
          tighten it up, ready to go again
          thanks again for your spot-on advice.
          Best,

Comment

• Andy
            Andy commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool (well, hot actually!)
            Be careful closing the door, the springs are violent and the slam is what usually sends a big enough jolt through the roaster to breaks the afterburner. I've not seen one that broke through boredom but I guess it's also possible.
        Working...
        X