Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver

I had a excellent coffee at one of the "Artigiano" cafés. They were very proud of their coffee making and have a number of shops.

Greg

Re: Vancouver

Just an update from my sister in Vancouver--both Artigianos and Elysium have continued to expand their outlets, and one Elysium has a Clover.

Greg

Comment

I had wonderful espresso at the Elysian Room, one of the Artigianos and at Wicked Cafe. I posted about the Elysian experience here: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1177334559/10#10

Comment

Im just back from a 10 day café crawl of Vancouver ... okay, well I did do some other stuff as well

Can highly recommend Elysian Coffee (Broadway and Ash) as well as the Elysian Room (W 5th and Burrard) - had brilliant espresso and clover brews at both places on several occasions. Sparkling mineral water on tap - all class. Oh, and I was a fan of their rooibos-based chai as well. The Broadway café essentially became my first stop every morning.

Went to the Wicked on Hornby and had an excellent shot of Black Cat, and a great Colombian Microlot via the Clover.

49th Parallel on 4th: had a very, very good syphon of the Ethiopian Konga, and a pretty good piccolo latté.

Crema in West Van (Bellevue): had a press and a pourover of an excellent Sidama - my one regret of my time over there is not going back for a second visit and an espresso (... oh, and not seeing an ice hockey game ... ).

Memento Coffee House (W 4th and McDonald): had pourover; they do espresso and syphon as well. Delicious macaroons.

Artigiano ... meh ... thats really all I can say about that.

On a non-coffee related note; Pour House in Gastown, and Uva Wine Bar (Seymour and Smithe) are must visits. Actually, theyre not entirely non-coffee; both have Synessos and make quite acceptable brews. Still dreaming about the Barbera I had at Uva  :-*

P.S. Why is s-p-r-o being converted to "espresso" automatically? It makes my grammar look bad and now I have to change all my indefinite articles from a to an. :-?

Comment

Working...
        X