Auckland - Parnell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auckland - Parnell

Well I am glad to say I have had my first drinkable SO from a cafe in Auckland ever... ok NZ for that matter.
    The guys at Espresso Coffee workshop are on their game.
    David Huang and Roaster Andrew Smart both industry professionals opened an Espresso bar on the corner of Owens and Manukau Road (2 Owens Road) in Epsom. I called in on my way to the airport close to closing time and it was still humming along.
    Flat white (extra shot) was very good flavour wise but bit too foamy and left quite a lot of foam behind and the SO "a hue hue from memory" espresso was nice a little long for a single shot but rich, choc/darkfruit and a little smoky (I like) and a fantastic aftertaste. The service was very good and the barista answered my questions. Anyway I have been in touch with the guys and hopefully there could be some cupping coming up in the future. Yay for Auckland  

Chris

Re: Auckland - Epsom Update

Re Visited Espresso Workshop in Auckand and really enjoyed some hugely tasty Flat Whites and a silky smooth Short Black.
    Great food to go with it !
    A must for the CS visiting Auckland !

Chris

Comment

Re: Auckland - Parnell

Ill be heading to Aukland in late June, Ill be sure to check it out

Comment

Originally posted by 4255544A5F5E55010201300 link=1248941320/0#0 date=1248941320
        Well I am glad to say I have had my first drinkable SO from a cafe in Auckland ever... Flat white (extra shot) was very good flavour wise but bit too foamy
        This was my general experience of AKL on my recent trip.
        I found that good cups were few and far between with there being somewhat of a lacking in the small in house roast scene, (its possible that i was just looking in the wrong places) however i did find ONE it was a tiny shop big enough only for a coffee machine, grinder, fridge, till and 2 tables.. it was in elliot stables, in a small back alley and it had a somewhat melbourne vibe. this place was great, best coffee I had my whole trip.

however I found that the most consistently good not great, coffee, was found at small franchises like sierra. I really enjoyed the bowl style drinks served around town, literally a FW served in a soup bowl.

apart from these couple of gems in the rough most of my experience was of battery acid diluted with burnt roadhouse froth.

Comment

Spent and hour or so at Espresso Workshops new venture in Parnell that incooporates the roastery and a brew bar (Ill attach some photos) I really enjoy Mr White blend via a double shot flat white in a small tulip (apparantly this is called a "Magic" via Seven Seeds staff lol) this blend is outstanding and if the cups preheated you are in for a treat.
          Nice new set-up and freindly staff with great coffee, thats all Im after anyway

Comment

Working...
          X