Thailand? - Bangkok? and or phuket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thailand? - Bangkok? and or phuket?

Off to thailand for a getaway with the missus.

Anyone know of anywhere in bangkok or phuket that serves a decent coffee?

Re: Thailand? - Bangkok? and or phuket?

When I was in Phuket last year I didnt find any great coffee, but found OK coffee at Andaman Coffee at Karon. They have three shops around Karon. They have internet access there too, which you may use free for 15 mins if you purchase a coffee.

Apart from that, there are a few Star*ucks around at Karon and Patong. Their best asset is that they have air-con; great for escaping the heat for a while.

Comment

well it seems like theres no good coffee around here, but blow me down if i havent started developing an affection for the cans of coffee sold nearly everywhere.

Comment

I would have answered this post earlier but for the 50 post rule. There is good coffee in Bkk. Try PNF coffee near the Victory monument. The owner Sirada also roasts and trains baristas. She is very knowledgable and one of the pioneers in the Thai coffee scene which is not very well developed. I am happy to give detailed directions to anyone travelling there.

Having lived in Phuket for over a year I can say that I have yet to find a decent cup here except at my own home Lucky I brought my machine and grinder. I would be happy to meet any CS members in this part of the world where I am truely labelled as a coffee snob lol. I plan to open my own cafe and roast beans as well next year.

Comment

My friend Nok (pictured) now has three excellent cafes in Patong. All 3 have the name Coffeemania. He roasts his own coffee in one of the shops on a 5kg HG. He is also now the proud owner of the first Synesso Hydra to land in Phuket.
          Any snobs visitng Phuket can contact me for directions.

Comment

Working...
          X