Great Coffee in San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to live in the Mission.

My three favorites are Linnea Coffee, Ritual (already mentioned) and Tartine (for the baked goods, but the coffee is good too). As others have said Blue Bottle is good, but it's gotten too popular lately. I stay away from Four Barrel.

Hope that helps!

Comment

hotel was right next to Sightglass on 7th St - big fan of this place, really great coffee and atmosphere - stopped in daily and was not disappointed
      Also visited Reveille Coffee Co on Columbus Ave and can say it was fantastic (also a cool building opposite with the Zoetrope Cafe in it if you're interested in beautiful architecture)

Comment

Great Coffee in San Francisco

Doug, since I go back to SF pretty often, I'll check these out. Thanks!

-------------
        Edit: for anyone else who is planning to visit SF, my current favorite is Artis Coffee, on Octavia St in Hayes Valley. Their coffee buyer is one of the original personalities from Blue Bottle. Not sure why he left, but he's doing good things. They currently have a Brazilian decaf that is the best decaf I've ever had.

Comment

Any updates on good coffee in San Francisco. I'll be there for a few days next week and any suggestions will be appreciated. I'm staying close to Union Square and not real familiar with the city

Comment

Originally posted by pecan View Post
            Any updates on good coffee in San Francisco. I'll be there for a few days next week and any suggestions will be appreciated. I'm staying close to Union Square and not real familiar with the city
            I was actually there last week for 12 hours. Both coffees I had were in the Mission area

Four barrel coffee
            Linnea

Both were very good, but coffee doesn't come cheap there. Around US$4 each

Comment

Blue Bottle (2nd St, in the city) is already mentioned - and I agree that the coffee is good.

A post above suggests it's too busy. But I visited twice last year and it was no busier than many good spots in Melbourne.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm on my way now and I'll check out the places mentioned

Comment

Working...
                X