Bangkok - PNF and Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok - PNF and Roast

I often visit Bangkok and usually have my coffee at PNF near victory monument. The owner Sirada is a firend of mine and she roasts sells equipment and trains Baristas. To get there you get off BTS at Victory monument or at PhyaThai, and it is basically half way between those BTS stations.

I was in Bangkok for a wedding and PNF was closed because it was Sunday, so I went in search of "Roast" which I had read about on another forum.

If you are travelling by BTS you get off at Thonglo station and then get a motorbike taxi up Soi 55 or Taxi to Thonglo 13 as it is probably a bit far to walk.

Roast is an impressive cafe / wine shop, definitely higher end than I was expecting. They have a Geisen Roaster and Synesso 2 group machine. The owner was not there but i chatted with his staff and took a couple of photos. I ordered a latte which was very good and a blend of 5 imported coffees. It was expensive by Thai standards...110 baht or about $3.60...normally a latte is anywhere between 50-80 baht. But as I was i need of a good coffee I didn’t mind. One reason for the price is likley to be the fact that they used only imported beans in the blend. Thai coffee (which is good and I roast myself) is protected with a 90% tarriff on imports.

Specialty coffee is on the rise in Thailand especially in Bangkok and Chiangmai.

Working...
X