Cambodia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambodia

OK, so I've come back to Cambodia after travelling through here 10 years ago. More developed but not on the same scale as Vietnam (which has been crazy over the last decade!). Anyway, I spent 4 days in Phnom Penh and will spend another 4 there shortly, with 2 weeks in Siem Reap in the middle. As was somewhat expected, the coffee scene here isn't amazing. Even the iced coffee is pretty ordinary when you've come from 3 months in Vietnam getting your socks knocked off. I did manage to find a couple of decent places to get you through a trip here.
    First up was Story Coffee Roasters in Phnom Penh. Nice cafe with a cool design, and some decent food options. Coffee was pretty good here, and one of the few with a roaster onsite who may actually know how to use it.
    In Siem Reap, there's a nice little place called Heart Coffee that's on Sok San Rd but a bit outside the main area. Really friendly and coffee is good enough, but be prepared to get a milky coffee if you order a macchiato (must admit it was nice as an iced coffee though).
    But the star of the trip has to be Brother Bong Cafe - the coffee is fantastic! The machine they use isn't much to look at so I wasn't confident going in, but I had one of the best piccolo latte's I've ever had (pic attached). The french toast with bacon is also wonderful, but you'll keep coming back for the coffee anyway as it's exceptionally good. If you find yourself in Siem Reap (and you should - Angkor Wat is a must see place), definitely stop here for a coffee or three. Oh, and don't let the name fool you - there's no 'happy' ingredients used...
    Attached Files

Sorry for the double post, but looks like I'll be here in Cambodia for a while now

Wanted to add 2 great cafes worth going to (both in Siem Reap):
    Missing Socks Laundromat - coffee is good here, and the waffles are too which is a bit of a bonus
    The Little Red Fox Espresso - Aussie owned, equal best coffee with Brother Bong, fantastic cafe!

Comment

Working...
    X