Coffee in the Southern Riverina NSW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee in the Southern Riverina NSW

The Missus and I studied the art of Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee at William Angliss TAFE with a superb teacher in Chris (2mcm) . So we know what to expect in an excellent cup of coffee.
    The Missus is a Hospitality teacher at a school on the Newell highway. She sent one of her students out to the local cafe. The student had not yet been trained in the competency Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee. Despite the owner being informed of this the student was placed on the Espresso machine.
    The Missus went to check the business and thought she would like a capuccino. The owner of the business preapred it. Well what a hoot. Porta filter was lying in front of machine full of old cold coffee grinds. That was knocked out. No grinder sound. No tamping. Basket of loose coffee grinds. Water went straight through. No 30ml in 30 seconds here. (Rated second to our Queensstown - Tasmania water wonder.) Sugar is put in cup before all this happens. Milk was up to boiling point. Not a bad micro foam. The rest..oh my ggodnes I thought of Chris as I gave the coffee to the garden. An umbrella advertising the coffee company continues to flutter in the breeze today.
    One of the Missuss previous workplacement students at the same business had a capuccino returned to her by a customer who told her it was s.... He turned on his heels and walked out. End of story.
    Back at the coal face the students cannot believe the rule of 30ml in 30 secs, and the fact that the old foamed milk is not refoamed. The sound of the grinder reigns supreme in making a good cup. And you do not use a spoon to top up the cups with foam.
    Thanks a million Chris.

Re: Coffee in the Southern Riverina NSW

Good stuff herbie- spread the word.... and remember the old rule...If you cant spell it, you cant sell it! 2 x p and 2 x c :P

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris.
      Apologies. Do not trust our spell checker, and never, never trust google when one is having a senior moment.
      Herbie.

Comment

Finley NSW. 21k above Victorian border on the Newell Highway. Verandah Cafe. Open Thursday and Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m Very good coffee and delicious food. Great ambience. Over the Riverina Highway intersections on way to Jerliderie on the Newell. Cafe is on RHS past bowling club and next to a closed Mobil service station. Plenty of signage.

Comment

Was in Deniliquin the other day and tried a few of the establishments there the only one that comes close is Brontes, dont know the exact address but they are the only ones serving Allpress in town. All the others I tried you would be better going to maccas.

Brett

Comment

Berrigan.
            A small rural town on the Riverina Highway 140k west of Albury. Had morning tea there today. Yummy carrot cake with a superb latte x 2. Boema machine. Coffee Mamma beans from Albury. Open Tuesdays to Saturday a.m. The Blue Door Cafe right on the T junction into the main street.

Comment

THE STAR CAFE & BAR 1/449 a Dean St Albury. Open until 6 p.m.
              If you are looking for an excellent cup then this is the place. Guru pours a great coffee. Friendly Barista. Fantastic sayings written on the walls. Coffee from a Sydney roaster.

Comment

Working...
              X