Sydney CBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney CBD

There are a plethora of cafes in Sydney CDB. Having too many choices can be a pain so to help cut to the chase, a guide is needed. Ill kick off

Velluto Nero
    259 Clarence St Sydney (southern end, behind Queen Victoria Building)
    Blends & SOs roasted onsite
    They have a website.

Not sure that this counts as CBD as it is actually in Surry Hills on eastern side of Central Railway:
    Single Origin Roasters
    64 Reservoir Street (off Elizabeth St)
    Surry Hills

Serve up a SO of the week. Fairly busy but efficient and worth visiting. Al fresco and inside seating but need a bigger shop IMO.

Re: Sydney CBD

MECCA ESPRESSO

67 King St, Sydney. Try to stay away during peak hour times as youll be waiting for a while.
    Serving up Rio Coffee out of SA through one of the two LM Mistrals. These guys seem to be chopping and changing new equipment all the time... I wonder where that 2gp Synesso Cyncra went.

MECCA II

Alternatively you can head down to the Rocks/Circular Quay area on George st and I think its Alfred St. Its hard to find, open till 3pm, 5 days a week. At the base of the building on the corner. They had a LM GB5 last time I looked. I think on of our fellow CSs still works there.

Comment

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1218409705/0#1 date=1218424606

MECCA II

Alternatively you can head down to the Rocks/Circular Quay area on George st and I think its Albert St.
      Actually, its ALFRED ST.

Comment

Originally posted by ajayro link=1218409705/0#2 date=1218469878
        Originally posted by YeeZa link=1218409705/0#1 date=1218424606

MECCA II

Alternatively you can head down to the Rocks/Circular Quay area on George st and I think its Albert St.
        Actually, its ALFRED ST.
        I knew it started with an "A"! Cheers ajayro

Comment

Its not technically a coffee cafe ... but if youre at Mecca and feel like a beer, head around the corner to the Red Oak beer cafe. I took my wife (a non beer drinker) there for lunch and got her to try a Framboise Froment. She loved it!

201 Clarence St
          Sydney

http://www.redoak.com.au/

Comment

Ill 2nd Mecca, but I talked to them the other day and they are roasting their own coffee now. The coffee I had there was one of the best ive ever had.

Comment

Yeah Mecca I think now have Clover blend, with a bunch of talented and friendly baristi. One day they may even get me to appreciate long blacks fully, but they pull some of the best shots of espresso its ever been my pleasure to drink

Comment

Mecca II is in near the entrance of 1 Alfred Street, the building is on the corner of George St.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyj link=1218409705/0#4 date=1218588917
                  Its not technically a coffee cafe ... but if youre at Mecca and feel like a beer, head around the corner to the Red Oak beer cafe. I took my wife (a non beer drinker) there for lunch and got her to try a Framboise Froment. She loved it!

201 Clarence St
                  Sydney

http://www.redoak.com.au/
                  Was recommended this place by the ECA technician when I was in town earlier this year. Unfortunately didnt get to try this place but will try get there the next time Im in Sydney.

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes - David S link=1218409705/0#8 date=1221650012
                    Was recommended this place by the ECA technician when I was in town earlier this year. Unfortunately didnt get to try this place but will try get there the next time Im in Sydney.
                    its fantastic! it really is!

Comment

I go out of my way to get to Tobys Estate at City Road, Broadway when I visit Sydney.

They have a different SO each day.
                      Each time I have been there for a coffee, I have had a FABULOUS coffee experience!!!

Comment

Hi all

Had a coffee today at a coffee roastery/cafe at Pyrmont. My wife and I were at the Little Snail Restaurant for the old timers computer luncheon and opposite was a Coffee Roastery so I had to check it out. They have a 3 group machine, I forgot to see what model, and a Toper roaster (maybe 5kg?). They roast for their own cafe and for other cafes. They have a dozen roasted bean varieties available for sale.

Quite a good espresso and an excellent flat white based on their own blend. The blend is developed for milk drinks. Had a nice chat to them. The owners are avid coffee enthusiasts, the barista was keen to make a good shot. Jills latte art on her flat white was finely detailed, nice and defined. She said the coffee flavour lasted through the entire drink. They have been open for 5 months. I hope they do well as they have great coffee.

Cherry Beans Coffee
                        Shop 1/45 Murry St, Pyrmont.
                        (They are directly opposite the Little Snail, near West end of the Pyrmont Bridge)
                        http://www.cherrybeans.com.au/

Mike

Comment

I was passing Mecca II today so had to stop.
                          I had a very nice flat white and my wife did not dislike her long black.

She was offered a coffee when we got where we were going (I declined).
                          What arrived looked promising but it tasted horribly bitter.
                          It made her appreciate the Mecca one a lot more.

Comment

MECCA ESPRESSO (update)

Now have syphon coffee (x3) with halogen burners on offer. I had a delish Sidamo there yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1218409705/0#13 date=1228029467
                              I had a delish Sidamo there yesterday.
                              Same

Comment

Working...
                              X