• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Coast

Kookaburra Express
    Kincumber Shopping Village
    Avoca Drive

Mountain Top Blend - The last shot I had there tasted a lot like the 549. Has been inconsistent previously, but things are looking better.

Surf Cafe
    Terrigal Surf Club

Morgans - Its usually good, just be quite specific abut what you want.

Re: Central Coast

Port Macquarie reviews moved to the Mid-North Coast thread.

Comment

Please, please, people, get out the Gregorys!

The Central Coast is closer to Sydney than it is to Port Macquarie ;D . Maybe a thread for the mid-north coast would be apt?

Comment

sorry! being an ex-shire boy, my whole sense of geography is a bit skewiff ...

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle link=1218418145/0#2 date=1218602883
          Please, please, people, get out the Gregorys!

The Central Coast is closer to Sydney than it is to Port Macquarie  ;D . Maybe a thread for the mid-north coast would be apt?
          Anything between Brookie bridge and Byron is Central coast isnt it Michelle? ;D ;D

Seriously though, maybe its a good idea to add a Mid/North Coast thread in the mix.

Comment

done

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1218418145/0#4 date=1218603499
            Anything between Brookie bridge and Byron is Central coast isnt it Michelle? ;D ;D
            I was thinking anything North of Tom Uglys Bridge & Captain Cook Bridge!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle link=1218418145/0#0 date=1218418145
              Kookaburra Express
              Kincumber Shopping Village
              Avoca Drive

Mountain Top Blend - The last shot I had there tasted a lot like the 549. Has been inconsistent previously, but things are looking better.
              My espresso at Kookaburra today was made by Instaurator! I nearly fell over when I saw him behind the machine.

Needless to say, it was SUPERB, so I had a second.

Oh, and being a true Central Coast girl, Ive never heard of any of those bridges you lot are mentioning :P

Comment

Haha, yeah Brooklyn bridge is the bridge you cross and you see a "Welcome to the Central Coast" sign on the other side, leaving Sydney. The other bridges are Shirevilleland

Comment

Heading to Avoca beach for long weekend - any recommendations?

Comment

ok, so im a bit of a newbie to coffeesnobs and ive been waiting till i had the required number of posts up to be able to ask the question here....

why has it been 3 years since a recommendation for the central coast has been made??

i know there must be an option other than my place for some good coffee...

there are other snobs from the central coast (the area between sydney and newcastle for the geographically challenged), so where are you going when you are around??

Comment

Originally posted by 44494D4845424F404359485F2C0 link=1218418145/9#9 date=1318248170
                      ok, so im a bit of a newbie to coffeesnobs and ive been waiting till i had the required number of posts up to be able to ask the question here....

why has it been 3 years since a recommendation for the central coast has been made??

i know there must be an option other than my place for some good coffee...

there are other snobs from the central coast (the area between sydney and newcastle for the geographically challenged), so where are you going when you are around??
                      Hi Headinclouds,
                      My sentiments exactly!!! (I have exactly 50 posts at the time of writing this one) There are 2 near me that I get a brew from (without sounding crass, neither of them are as good as mine at home). Red Pepper at Erina Heights and Lotus at Wamberal are both alright. They are not snobs though so dont expect what you make at home, especially if you roast your own. Red Pepper has a nice atmosphere - a lot of post school drop off mums there in the morning so it is always lively with chat which, I dont mind.

Still, I only get milk coffees there as I much prefer my own espressos more.

I hope some others can chime in with some recommendations; there has to be some seriously snob worthy espresso bars here somewhere....surely?

Comment

Thanks Mariner, ill check them out.
                        I have had a few espressos from Bremen Patisserie in Umina. They roast their own and its ok. Depends a little on who makes it as the pies they do are their speciality (and awesome).

My house is still the best ive had around here too :-)
                        (yes ive had some awesome coffees in the sydney cbd and Melbourne, ah Melbourne.... )

Comment

Originally posted by 3F3236333E39343B38223324570 link=1218418145/11#11 date=1334488330
                          Thanks Mariner, ill check them out.
                          I have had a few espressos from Bremen Patisserie in Umina. They roast their own and its ok. Depends a little on who makes it as the pies they do are their speciality (and awesome).
                          Wow, funny you say that, I had a couple of coffees there a few weeks ago - on the recommendation of my wife who does not drink coffee??? - I had a double shot espresso and a soy flat white, certainly not bad. The coffee was their house blend - I think it has a lot of Indonesian coffee in it...tasted earthy, but quite pleasant enough. The espresso was ever so slightly over extracted but, I would certainly have another coffee there (my young bloke goes to speech therapy just around the corner) next time I am down that way. You are also very correct, their pies are very nice (as too are their cakes and sweets).

Comment

Im pretty sure Caesars at Erina (near Terrigal Road) on the Central Coast Highway would be pretty good. He roasts his own beans there and sells them. Before I started roasting my own I got some there. I also got my grinder there.

Comment

Hi David,
                              I have had a few brews at Caesars over the years. They have been around for a long time. I have always enjoyed their coffee but, it is very hard to find any of his roasts (for my taste anyway) that are any less than a deep CS10 or 11. They roast most of their stuff to within an inch of its life. But, they are not bad (again this is my subjective taste). I still prefer my own. Surely becoming a snob doesnt mean that there is no where left that satisfies you anymore??? I hope not.

When I was in Sydney I used to go to Withams (96 - 02) and they were always superb...... would I think so now? I hope so.

Comment

Working...
                              X