No announcement yet.

Central Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Mariner - My PT was going to take me down there a few weeks ago after a session but we never made it. Might have to see to it that we do next time.

Comment

Thought I would try Glee today after reading some of the praise for it here. I must have caught them on a bad day. The coffee was bitter and muddy (indistinct flavours/layers)....dare I say that a cup of instant coffee probably would have been better. I might try them again another day but a thumbs down on the basis of today's effort.
      Last edited by Paolo; 26th September 2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I caught Glee in their new store a couple of weeks after opening, service is friendly but quite slow and the coffee we had was noting the write home about. It was a very nice coffee but there are many places that make a very nice coffee. Mecca in sydney is better and there are many places in melbourne which would wipe the floor with both of them. I did buy a big bag of their coffee and it was fantastic. I would go again.

PS: If you don't like kids running around screaming and throwing things then be warned because the place was FULL! of these gremlins! A lot of mums and dads.

Comment

Central Coast

I agree with above. Glee are certainly better - by far - than the cafe that used to be there. However, if I put my snobs hat on - I hoped for better. I still drink their brew though. Their blend is not wholly to my taste but they cater very well to their customers and are very nice and friendly folk. They have a three group machine now instead of the Electra two group. They are located next to a primary school and get all the school drop off crowd - hence the kids everywhere. I like that. I love the small shop, coffeehouse feel, with life in it and a sunny outlook and atmosphere

Comment

In Long Jetty, you have The Glass Onion Society. They make a beautiful macchiato. There are also a couple of other small cafes near in that strip that get good reports, but I haven't been to them, so I can't say good or bad myself.

Comment

I had a few really great coffees from Coffee Guru in Kincumber last week. Highly recommended.

Comment

Great to hear that Paolo,

Past CS sponsor Dennis Wells (Cuppacoffee) has guided Coffee Guru from establishing their own roasting operation and roasting for them right through to what's ultimately delivered in cup. I think he's in a management position (GM?) now.

Great to hear that they're kicking goals.

Comment

Hi all,

About to move to the Central Coast region, Yarrawonga Park to be exact. Could anyone make some recommendations for fresh beans nearby?

Comment

Hi Azzabee
                    You could try Crema Coffee Garage at Broadmeadow or Glee at Wyong or Erina.

Haven't tried Crema and feel Glee are over priced for what you can get including delivery. Speaking of delivery i'd just get delivered your favorite beans as always find that Central Coast and Newcastle roasters are high priced or average in quality.

Good luck and enjoy thee Centy Coast!

Comment

Could always get a packet to tie you over and order something from BeanBay? Andy does roast to order so you know it is fresh.

Comment

I had a couple of coffees at Glee Roasters, Wyong today. I had the second one hoping that it would be better than the first one.

The coffees were v-e-r-y ordinary...I don't get it...a beautiful Synesso machine wasted....but the food was pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                        X