Byron Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byron Bay

Headed out that way soon... does anyone have any recommendations for where to go for a good coffee? Sounds like there are some great roasters in Bun Coffee and the Byron Bay Coffee Co, but cafes are a bit thin on the ground AFAICT...

Re: Byron Bay

When I drove through there a few years ago, there didnt seem to be any shortage of cafes but I didnt try any. They seem to be concentrated around Johnson St near the station. Google cafe byron bay for an idea.

Comment

Definitely no shortage of cafes - just that there dont seem to be any mentions of snobworthy ones on coffeesnobs

Might have to resort to trial-and-error... :-/

Comment

Spent a wk in Lennox Heads and Byron for a week. Did not find a good coffee. There are a couple of places using Merlo, but could not make a decent coffee.

There was a place in Lennox which had the word Lime in their name. The one Barista (guy) made the best coffee I had in a week.

Comment

We have a 2/3 week holiday in lennox heads every year. I have never found good espresso around there. Last two trips I have taken my setup with me. Superjolly,Brewtus and a couple of KGs of home roast are a pain to travel with but well worth it.

Comment

M@, Sink cut and Ben S...

If your in Lennox Heads its only a short drive down the road to me at Ballina?

You can find me every weekend and most week days at Evolution Espresso bar on River Street just by the water near the Ramada Hotel.

Introduce yourself for a nice discount

Luke.

Comment

Im heading to Ballina on Friday for 10 days and am VERY happy to have at least 1 recommendation, Ill be there for sure at some stage Luke.

Shannon.

Comment

I got to meet Luke and Matt (Both CSrs) at Evolution espresso during my stay in Ballina and was very happy with the coffee that I was presented with.

Good to meet you guys - wish I had more time to sit and chat, but kids just dont get the fascination!

Comment

Thanks for the good feedback Shannon!

I hope you enjoyed your stay in the area, your welcome back any time m8.

Comment

Hi Luke

Ill be staying in Ballina for a few days from tomorrow (Friday). Ill be sure to pop in for a few coffees as were staying at the Ramada. When are you working?

Dom

Comment

Was in town today and out of the big list of cafes available I tried the Bay Leaf Cafe on Marvell St
                      They roast their own (Marvell St Roasters) and I was pretty impressed with the double shot I had
                      Syrupy, sweet, no bitterness and just the right temperature for me.
                      *thumb up* would try again

Comment

Following advice in this thread I went to Bay Leaf last week and had a great short Macchiato. Next time I'm down in Byron I want to try Espressoheads in Byron St, based solely on the name.

I attempted to buy some beans from the Marvel St Roasters outlet in the industrial complex outside of town, but gave up on finding the address after two laps with a car full of luggage and frustrated family.

Comment

Not quite Byron but some of his blends use Byron organic
                          .... Try Nat's Coffee at Alstonville. He supplies to heaps of cafes in the area also.
                          Won the golden bean once and consistantly gets silvers and bronzes.
                          He has a nice little setup at his roastery and always has something new roasting.

Comment

Nat has a San Remo Opera espresso machine and is getting a Café Racer if you want to see/experience a super machine in action. We have a local café that uses a blend of his that's very good.

Comment

Byron Bay

Originally posted by sprezzatura View Post
                              Nat has a San Remo Opera espresso machine and is getting a Café Racer if you want to see/experience a super machine in action. We have a local café that uses a blend of his that's very good.
                              What did you think of that machine? Looks seriously overengineered!
                              Last edited by kwantfm; 21 April 2016, 07:13 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X