Roadtrip to Dubbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadtrip to Dubbo

Wheres a girl gunna find decent coffee in Downtown Dubbo, or along the way (from Newy)?
    Or somewhere nearby that I can pretend to be visiting a local attraction for?

Re: Roadtrip to Dubbo

Hey Melicious,
    As for the trip out from Newcastle, Im not sure what little gems the Golden Hwy has to offer, but I have a couple of recommendations in Dubbo for you.
    - Scottys on Macquarie, 137 Macquarie Street. When I lived out that way (3+ years ago) the food and coffee were sensational. The coffee was locally roasted (by the following place), but Im not sure if thats still the case.
    - A cafe/roaster called Cafe 33, in Talbragar Street. A good source for fresh roasted beans if youre taking your own gear .
    Good luck and have a safe trip.

Comment

Sweet!
      Some local roasted would be an ideal memento to bring home - and I now have a reason to pack my kyocera and a stovetop!
      Cheers matey!

Comment

I recall having a coffee at Echidna Cafe on Macquarie St Dubbo a few years ago and was quite impressed. Hopefully their coffee is still excellent.

Comment

Well Im back, and I bought beans! lol
          I was bitterly disappointed by the lack of a stove in the room (I thought wed booked a room with one, but I must have been on some other planet when that decision was made). I told the guy at cafe 33 and he was like "oh, youre that into it! We have a few clients like that..." So ahoy DubboSnobs, your local is a fine cup!
          Even better now Im home and making my own... Dubbo seemed to give me a very hot coffee everywhere I went, even at 33, but thats ok - its cold there, I understand!

The cafe at the zoo was surprisingly ok, and we also went to the Claypot Cafe and Gallery for some lunch and had a pretty weak cuppa there, but not offensive. Just beige.

Mission: Successful.

Comment

Passed through Dubbo on Friday 24/7 on way back from Qld. Hanging out for a caffeine top up so we decided to try Cafe 33 in Talbragar St. (Thanks Lovey for suggestion.) Very efficient service. Roaster of beans. House Blend lattes very good. Food also available.

Comment

Working...
            X