Good coffee St George area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good coffee St George area?

I cant post in the good coffee where threads so... I recently moved to Arncliffe, most days Im in at Uni so can get to my beloved uni locals (not sure if Im allowed to name them)... but it would be nice to find somewhere local for when Im not in town.

Anyone know anywhere in Arncliffe, Rockdale, Kogarah, Hurstville, Brighton...?

Re: Good coffee St George area?

Originally posted by 213637213A303B61636363530 link=1302408697/0#0 date=1302408697
    Dont know of any place in those listed above.

Marrickville or Sylvania any good to you?

Mville closest to Arncliffe and Sylvania closest to Hville.

Theres also a new place in Earlwood if you dont want to buy beans but just have a decent cuppa to drink.

Comment

Originally posted by 7B6C6D7B606A613B393939090 link=1302408698/0#0 date=1302408697
      From the Ormonde Pde entry to the railway station, just up the stairs on the right hand side, you will notice a cafe that has Di Bella advertising all over it.  Hence I do not know the name of the cafe.

Regardless, you will find that the guys in there love preparing coffee and do more than a very nice job of it. 

The other suburbs you mention appear to be bereft of anything I would call good.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B3D3838292B272E2E2D2D480 link=1302408698/2#2 date=1302424044
        The other suburbs you mention appear to be bereft of anything I would call good.
        Do you have a car? If so, why not visit cuppacoffee?

Otherwise see the following list:

Kogarah - theres a place on the corner of Montgomery and Kensington, not well known but ok coffee

Hurstville - for mainstream (non-CoffeeSnobs centric :P), all the Miami Ices (station and Westfield)

Brighton - plenty of mediterreanean style coffees from Eurobay, Le Sands (they used to do takeaway, dont know about the new classy location though), or for ice coffee, the Ice Creamery..

That should get you started but tbh, theres no "freshly roasted" etc etc coffees other than @cuppacoffee heh..

Comment

Just updating my own thread... I have found the solution Swallow Coffee Traders in the Tramway arcade, just down the stairs on the Highway side of Rockdale Station on the right.

They use beans from Single Origin Roasters and sell the house blend. They also use a local milk from Picton (Summer Valley). Its a really amazing little cafe that youd expect to find in Surry Hills or Redfern. So great that they are in Rockdale!!

Comment

Thanks for this info redrich, I've just moved to Hurstville and was looking for a local source of beans. Great work!

Comment

For those in Hurstville (and more south), there's always the Grind in Cronulla.

Comment

I second Swallow at Rockdale (found since my initial post).
                I visit fairly regularly now; especially Tuesdays which are SO Day.

As a further update, cuppacoffee is now closed.

Comment

Working...
                X