Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killcare near Woy Woy and surrounds on Central Coast

Hi Snobs,

We are currently on a short break Sat-Wed at Killcare near Woy Woy, a lovely spot. Where do we go for a good espresso or milky drink? Cant really be bothered going to Gosford so we were wondering if anyone has any suggestions for places in and nearby Killcare? Hardy's Bay, Pretty Beach, Booker Bay Ettalong Beach, Blackwell, Kincumber, Umina, Patonga, Avoca Beach, etc.

Cheers!
    Rob

Loo Loo's at Kincumber I've been told is good.

Comment

The stand out IMO is Loo Loo's coffee warehouse at Kincumber - the place has a bit of charm despite being in a business centre, and if you go on Tuesday, Rick will probably be there who is quite passionate about coffee, does their roasting in the cafe out in the open, and appears to know coffee and their NS Aurelia very well. Their beans have a pretty good reputation.

Kincumber shopping centre cafe - pretty average latte I had there. Beans on the shelf were either undated or 3 months old.

The Fat Goose at Hardy's Bay is popular, a nice atmosphere, but I wasn't impressed by the latte I had there once. Whereas Loo Loo's puts coffee first, food second, the Fat Goose is food first, coffee second. I went to buy their blend once but the freshest on the shelf was a few months old. I got some from the bag they had open but even that felt a bit old (and it was $15 for 250g!).

Umina - I usually go to the Bremen Patisserie because the owner is good value and they have superb pies and sausage rolls. They roast, I like their blend, but again, coffee isn't their primary purpose. They run a Wega with Super Jolly. The cafe next door is popular (304 on West) but I haven't tried because the big German from the Bremen Patisserie would kill me. I've tried the Treble Clef too at Umina but it was nothing earth shattering.

I know a lot depends on who's pulling, but I just feel Loo Loo's your chances are higher of getting a good one. I'd probably go broke operating a cafe but there's just no way I'd have old beans on the shelf and contemplate serving a latte with poorly steam milk.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, we will try Loo Loo's on tuesday' and maybe also pick up some beans.

In the meantime my foodie wife liked the sound of a superb German Patisserie so after the Etalong markets we enjoyed a very nice steak mince pie for lunch. The cap was quite acceptable and we took away an apple pie to try after dinner tonight. You are right simonko, the big German guy is good value and sure is passionate about his food. We will return, especially if the apple pie is nice as we were eying off the cherry strudel and cheescake. Next time Ill report back about 504 next door as I'm safe because I'm not a regular :-)

Tomorrow we try the Fat Goose, as it's just down the road. It did have a good atmosphere this morning.

Thanks again for the advice.

Cheers!
        Rob

Comment

Well, I'm happy to say we did make it to Loo Loo's Coffee Warehouse on Tuesday and it was well worth the visit. Thanks guys, it's not somewhere you would find by accident. You're right simonko, Loo Loo's did have some charm. A bit bohemian, friendly and with lots of coffee related stuff to look at among the 60's memorabilia. Including an Otto and Otto hotplate. Nice bit of kit but we wouldn't have found Loo Loo's if we had one. The coffee was good so we swung back past the next day for another cup and also took some beans home with us.

Cheers!
          Rob

Comment

Check threads for central coast.....

Comment

Working...
            X