CBD - South End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBD - South End

The CBD thread seems to be more about the north end of the city (north of Town Hall) so I thought I'd start a new thread for the area around Central/Chinatown/Chippendale/Surry Hills.

On Cleveland St - I dropped into Brickfields today. Owned by one of the Mecca guys and serves Mecca coffee -- it's in the building that used to be the Mecca roastery. Machine is a Mecca-styled LM paddle of some variety. Serves only a very bright hipster-roasted SO (Ethiopian, I think). I saw the barista tasting, sinking and adjusting a couple of times before I got my doppio ristretto. As I said, hipster-roasted but otherwise technically very good.

Did not try any milk based drinks.

It's actually a bakery and the croissant was very tasty. Will go back to try their sandwiches.

Single origin is good on Reservoir Street. They have two separate shops next to each other, one for drink in and one for take away.

Comment

The Mecca in Ultimo I found was the better of the Meccas I visited. It has been over a year since I was in Sydney but the food and coffee there was excellent. I believe it's near Harris st near the TAFE/Technical school.

Comment

Was working in Sydney for a few days this week and stumbled upon 'Home' on Cnr Liverpool and Dixon St (they had a cold drip brewer in the window so I thought that was a promising sign). Had a ristretto and a latter each day. The lattes wer top rate, but the ristrettos were right up there with the best I've had. And very pleasant service too.

Comment

Working...
        X