Batemans Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batemans Bay

Would like recommendations for good coffee in the Batemans Bay area please.
    Also if there are any good, roasted, beans available
    Thanks

I don't think I've ever bought a coffee from a cafe in or around Batemans Bay.
    Sorry for being of no use at all

Comment

Ha
      at least thats a start, nowhere to go now but forwards!

Comment

Graeme,
        I can't remember drinking a coffee at BB, but I'm pretty sure that site sponsor Cosmorex's beans are available in the area. Their roasted beans are excellent. If you give them a ring / email, I'm sure they could tell you where you could buy roasted beans, and which cafes they supply (obviously beans are only part of the story at cafes). I have a feeling that the little take-away at Nelligen (near BB) serves Cosmorex coffee.
        Cheers
        BOSW

Comment

Barry, thanks, I will contact Cosmorex

Comment

Re: Batemans Bay

G'day Graeme, for cafes in Batemans Bay try 'cafe north' in North street, 'blank canvas' which is on the waterfront off Orient street, or Michels in the village centre (big shopping centre). There's a couple of places in Mogo, which is 10 minutes south on the princes hwy. 'Tylers pantry' and the other one is called '@15', both on the highway. For roasted coffee give Uro coffee a try, located on Orient street between Target and the Thai restaurant.
            Hope this helps,
            Steve.

Comment

Steve, thanks, now I will be busy

Comment

Re: Batemans Bay

No worries at all. If you're heading further south let me know, I've got a few more suggestions.

Comment

Yep, two weeks at Malua Bay then three nights going home via south coast/gippsland

Comment

Graeme- Recently holidayed in batemansbay. Tough to find good coffee. When we travel now I take Silvia and Rocky so good coffee and fresh beans travels with me!! However if you travel up the coast just north of Ulladulla you will find the township of Milton. Search out coffee shop called Little Gunga. You will not be disappointed. Had 4 coffees here rather than make my own.

Comment

Cicarda, I think I know, in fact I know I know, the look I will get if I half fill the back seat with my Silvia and K3P! It would be an 8 hour trip in SILENCE. Looks like my hand grinder and pour over with a supply of beans as a compromise. Since I have double espresso,s hence my searching for good coffee locally.
                      I am now planning a day trip to Milton with my wife in the handcraft store, I assume there is one, and me waiting at Little Gunga coffee shop. Expensive coffee in the end but probably worth it.
                      Thanks for the info, I will go up for the day
                      Graeme

Comment

If you're heading up to Milton stop in at Burrill Lake at a cafe called cafe Brill, well worth a look (there's a review in here).
                        South of Batemans Bay (26km) is a place called Moruya with 2 cafes that are good. One is called the 'blue heron' which is on the corner of Ford and Church streets. Turn left immediately after heading south over the Moruya river bridge, then turn right at the give way sign and it will be on the opposite corner. The other one is the 'gundary store', which is on Campbell street. Travel over the Moruya bridge and turn right at the roundabout (Campbell St) and follow it for about 2km and its on your left hand side.

Further south you'll come across Narooma (60km south of Batemans Bay). There is a cafe/roaster called 'montague roasters' who roast on site. A bit further south is a cafe called 'caseys cafe' which is opposite the Lynches hotel, superb food and good coffee to be had there.

Hope this helps.
                        Steve.

Comment

It does help Steve. Thanks
                          Will plan some day trips

Comment

My folks live in Moruya, so I'm there on a regular basis.
                            Gundary Store use Ona coffee from Canberra and do it justice most of the time.
                            The Blue Heron used to use Byron Bay coffee but have changed to something else, ashy and burnt.
                            Montague Roasters at Narooma are hit and miss.
                            Little Gunga has been on the market, not sure whether it's been sold,
                            so either way I hope the standard has been maintained.

As usual, the high turnover of cafe ownership, pressures of economics and lack of training and
                            vigilance over quality control will play a part, despite an establishment's history.

Comment

How'd your trip go Graeme?

Comment

Working...
                              X