Brisbane City - Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brisbane City - Where?

This has no doubt been done before so please bear with me. I will be making a few trips to Brisbane over the next few months and wonder what are the best places in the city area for a really good coffee. Say within about 4 blocks of the Mall. I imagine there are a few good places in lower Edward St? I might even get down into the Valley.
    Any suggestions?

Re: Brisbane City - Where?

Hey Rocky, why dont you try the good coffee where threads?

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?board=QLD

I remember a place in Elizabeth arcade that was pretty good but the name escapes me right now.

Comment

Have you checked http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?board=QLD

Comment

lol we posted at the exact same time, great minds think alike!

Comment

Thank you for that. I was not aware of that part of the Forum - I have never scrolled that far down the page. (It still took my son to show me where that section was located) (computers & I function in different dimensions)

Comment

Originally posted by 5158435A515C54390 link=1245753073/1#1 date=1245754158
            I remember a place in Elizabeth arcade that was pretty good but the name escapes me right now.
            Naked Coffee.
            Small shop but good coffee

Comment

Alens Coffee, 420 George St
              The best coffee I have had in Brisbane.

Comment

Got this from a friend in an email. no good to me here in SA, but might be worth a look on Monday...

Glen’s Espresso is opening Monday 6 July outside the Sarina Russo Building, 82 Ann Street and as an introductory bribe Glen is offering FREE COFFEE to all comers all day (limit 12 per customer).

If that’s not enough to get you Big Kev excited, here’s some extra treats to sweeten the deal:

· ‘Glen’s Blend’. A specially developed custom coffee blend, light to medium roast, no bitterness, fantastic flavour. Sex in a cup.

· One very, very sexy coffee machine. Most machines have one boiler. Really good ones have two. Mine has four. And it’s orange. Oh baby...

· Beans ground fresh for each coffee and leftover milk is not re-steamed into the next coffee.

· 100% Fair Trade Organic coffee beans. No farmers were harmed in the making of this coffee.

· Gluten free cakes, big sandwiches, organic juices, gourmet pies*.

· The World Famous** ‘Super Efficient Ordering System’. We like to think of it as ‘empowering customers’ rather than ‘being really, really lazy’

· Glen’s ‘Super Efficient Payment Scheme’. (‘Building trust in the community’ rather than ‘a very bad idea’).

· A high-class selection of stimulating reading material***.

* Free sauce. I hate paying for sauce.

** Not actually world famous.

*** Glen’s comic book collection. Any Far Side fans?

Comment

Originally posted by 626973613E37060 link=1245753074/7#7 date=1246600145
                  Got this from a friend in an email. no good to me here in SA, but might be worth a look on Monday...
                  Good shops are hard to find in the city. Ill definitely give it a go.

Comment

Gonna be in there for a couple hours tomorrow morning myself...sounds worth a quick visit. 8-)

Comment

Another day in Paradise This time the Brisbane CBD.
                      Lunch at Alens Espresso 420 George St. (Between Herschel and Tank St.) Very busy. Terrific service. Di Bella Coffee and great food choices.
                      Afternoon Tea at Hard Coffee 261 Queen Street (opposite Anzac Square and the entrance to Central Station. Superb Di Bella Coffee and good food yet again.

Comment

anyone got the skinny on the best coffee near the Riparian building in Brisbane (riverside plaza etc)

Wife needs help....... happy wife happy life.......

Comment

Originally posted by 515D545959503C0 link=1245753074/11#11 date=1284623475
                          anyone got the skinny on the best coffee near the Riparian building in Brisbane (riverside plaza etc)

Wife needs help.......   happy wife happy life.......  
                          Wrong end of town... Riverside  :   All trendy types and lots of wantabees  

I am actually at a loss to even come close to a 1/2 decent place down that way...

try http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1260954253  if ya get a chance...

Comment

I used to love the IC bar, but started to get a few bad ones when their newer barista was training. Its changed its name to 12 on Creek now, but I think they are owned by the same people? Af they serve dibella... So when its good its really good

Tried the campos cart just around the corner it was ok, not really to my taste though.

Usually the barmerlo on riverside ground floor is good enough if I want a cuppa

Comment

thats a bit grim, with all the money flowing in those buildings I would have thought some one would have exploited it.....

theres all ways coffee club under Central Plaza Two :P

Chic might be to far...... but i will give it a go when in there

Comment

Working...
                              X