One Drop - Brisbane, Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Drop - Brisbane, Valley

What a great little cafe! Single origins are on offer, Mountain top -  Bunja Peaberry was there today (I grabbed a 250g bag  to take home). The house blend was superb, it certainly had a healthy amount of acidity initially but swung back with a incredibly enjoyable aftertaste, I had a double piccolo, the equivalent to a doppio ristretto 3/4 latte.  A truly memorable coffee.  A fantastic first experience, certainly going back tomorrow.  Hardware - La Mazoc and Mazzer.

Yeahya!

515 St Pauls Terrace Brisbane

Re: One Drop - Brisbane, Valley

Sounds great ill be sure to check this one out!

Comment

Best Espresso Bar / non-Roastery Coffee in town if you ask me.

Comment

Tried their house blend today...

A very good dose of sparkling acidity on the tongue
        Plenty of body
        Well balanced

I really liked this one! Hope they dont change it any time soon. Ill be back... this one is on my way to work.

Comment

Originally posted by 39223D2A27737A4B0 link=1259919269/3#3 date=1260246537

I really liked this one! Hope they dont change it any time soon.
          Me too, seeing as I roast it.

Comment

Theres gotta be some Yirg or similar in there... am i right?

Love the blend.

Comment

Last time I was there, there was a sign out with a description of the beans used. If its not there any more, just ask Ben & Blane.

They do a great job.

Originally posted by 437A7C7D7676614C417C7260677661130 link=1259919269/4#4 date=1260422128
              Originally posted by 39223D2A27737A4B0 link=1259919269/3#3 date=1260246537

I really liked this one! Hope they dont change it any time soon.
              Me too, seeing as I roast it.
              Was wondering if youd mention that Jase ;D

Comment

Ok cool... reason i didnt ask is most of the big roasters here in Brisbane seem to be very secretive about what they put in their blends! Ive asked several of them and been told its a "secret".    Fair enough since its their business. Veneziano, Campos and Di Bella (three of the best in my opinion) all keep their blends a secret as far as i know. Interesting eh.

One that advertises their recipe openly is Caffeine Espresso... their signature blend "Krank" has Yirg and a few other great origins in there.

Comment

Originally posted by 465D4255580C05340 link=1259919269/7#7 date=1260443179
                  Ok cool... reason i didnt ask is most of the big roasters here in Brisbane seem to be very secretive about what they put in their blends! Ive asked several of them and been told its a "secret".    Fair enough since its their business. Veneziano, Campos and Di Bella (three of the best in my opinion) all keep their blends a secret as far as i know. Interesting eh.

One that advertises their recipe openly is Caffeine Espresso... their signature blend "Krank" has Yirg and a few other great origins in there.
                  Yeah we are pretty open book. Funny you mention Caffeine as they are our client as well. I really like the new Caffeine labels (I should as we designed them), detailed blend recipe and cupping notes. No secrets there.

I cant tell you what is in the One Drop Blend (exclusivity agreement) but they advertise it in more than one place in the shop. Ben and Blaine do that blend some serious justice, we setup the FB70 to their specs as well.

Comment

onedrop is great.

side note - veneziano has the beans in the blend listed on the bag.

Comment

Had some good food and great coffee at One Drop.
                      The blueberry finish of the house blend was memorable, guest coffee was great and they offer cold drip and possibly even chemex.
                      A must visit in Brisbane.

Comment

At first glance (and a cursory one at that) its just another espresso bar in the foyer of some building. On a closer look however, the guys are very passionate about their work, and it shows in each and every cup even when theyre under the pump. Its still rare to see specialty coffee places that maintain a very high standard while busy, but One Drop certainly has that down.

Im very happy to drink coffee there and count it as another one of my must-go-to places. But unfortunately parking, even for the little scooter that I own is fairly difficult. Thus its consigned special occasions when I really want to have some great freakin coffee and actually have the time outside of my studies to make the trip.

Comment

Been to one drop a couple of times now - picked up both the house blends and single origin specials. Both are great recommend going become my regular for the week - Zambia and Columbias recently ...see whats on the menu this week.

Comment

Where about in the valley are they.... in relation to china town as thats the only place in the valley i go

Comment

St Pauls Terrace ! half way down wickham St then up to St.Pauls terrace - if your in the valley you have Campos too. ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X