Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cup Speciality Coffee

85 Russell st West End

Definatly worth a visit to check out the Slayer.
    The coffee is pretty darn good too, Ill be stopping in whenever Im over that way. The piccolo was so good I had another and the 2nd one had a double rosetta on it.

Best Coffee on the West End cafe strip IMOP.

Custom blend with a Probat roaster going in soon to roast their own.

Highly recommend a visit.

Re: Cup Speciality Coffee

dropped by cup specialty coffee today....great coffee served off the slayer. Highly recommended.

Comment

Ill throw my hat in to this one as well. Dropped by yesterday and had two very delicious coffees. Love the space too, clean, uncluttered and not afraid of its semi-industrial heritage/zoning.

Comment

Popped in the last week, good espresso and a nice layout. Really looking forward to the Probat L5 arriving.

Comment

sitting in Cup right now .. free wireless and great espresso from the slayer .. one of my top 5 cafes in brisbane now.

Comment

Comment

Definitely top 5 in brisbane... easily the best at West End. This is going to be my new lunch time coffee spot.

Comment

Word on the street is that the L5 is up and running!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 233827303D6960510 link=1264234229/6#6 date=1267915270
                  easily the best at West End
                  big call with venezianos down the road , dying to get down there for a brew and check out this slayer! 8-)

Comment

Cup Coffee are now having public cuppings every second Thursday night from 6pm. Next one is on April 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by 435847505D0900310 link=1264234229/9#9 date=1269383638
                      April 1st
                      Are you sure????????? ;D

Comment

As a disclaimer, Ive worked with Josh in the past at Veneziano.

Im one of those negative nobodies who looks at the pricetag of a slayer/synesso/LM and goes, OMFG #)@%)$(*%$#)%& I wasnt convinced for a little while and found that Cup was a bit inconsistent at the beginning too.

However, this has become a thing of the past and its great to see the shop grow and the brewing knowledge expand to accommodate the slayers peculiarities (also nice for them to have a fully functional slayer and their own roaster). The past 3 or 4 visits have been pretty spot on, and the last time I was there, the coffee was absolutely superb.

Its hard to put a price on an experience like this, at first I didnt understand why Josh would lay down the cash to open up his own cafe but I am definitely seeing the light and Im really happy to have it so close by.

Its an interesting time in Brisbane with smaller cafes and microroasteries able to match and in some areas outdo the big boys in town. Yay Brisbane!

Comment

Cupping last night was fantastic. There were around 12 people around the table. Everything was set up ready to go when i arrived. Unfortunately i couldnt stick around for drinks afterwards. Maybe next time. Most people were relatively new to coffee so Josh and Mark patiently explained the entire process from start to finish and answered plenty of questions on everything from roasting to the cup of excellence auction process.

Last night we cupped:

Los Altos (Nicaragua)
                          My notes: Bright acidity, lighter fruits (orange stand out), lingering aftertaste

El Borbollon (El Salvador)
                          My notes: Caramely, very sweet, well balanced, more body than the Los Altos but a little less acidity, clean aftertaste, this was the favoured origin for many people, though i preferred...

Finca Santa Clara (Guatemala)
                          My notes: Dark berries, choc, molasses, interesting complexity, strong body, pleasant aftertaste

Comment

Cup was rockin this morning, even without the slayer in action. Pourover and espresso were both great. Lovely bunch of guys too.

Comment

They seem to go from strength to strength... now serving Maleny Dairy gold top milk too, which i believe taste wise is the best milk ive ever had. I dont drink anything else at home. If youre yet to try it, i highly recommend stopping by.

Comment

Working...
                              X