Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Findos Cafe - Toowoomba

http://www.findoscafe.com/

Website isnt much to rave about but the coffee is. At the moment hes roasting [many times a week] with a wee small fluidised bed machine with plans to upgrade to something a little more hefty...

If youre a local or just passing through, I highly recommend stopping in at Findos.

Oh, and they do siphon coffee as well

Josh

Re: Findos Cafe - Toowoomba

I miss this place since we left Toowoomba in Jan. Tim is passionate about his coffee and makes sure his staff are well trained so the coffee is always good. Normally has something interesting to try other than the house blend. Also does a range of teas.

Comment

Just returned from a long weekend in Ravensbourne. Managed to stop in here on one of the trips into Toowoomba.

Pretty sure the machine is new from my last trip (Synesso Cyncra, IIRC?) and theyve upgraded to a drum roaster (offsite). Espresso was killer and the syphon was great.

On a side note, is there anywhere else worth trying in the area? We had breakfast at the Chocolate Cottage and Cafe but werent impressed by their signature hot chocolate...

Comment

Coffee tea and Me were OK when I was there.
        I know the blend (and the roaster) and could have been better, but was OK.

Next to JB Highfi

Not tried Findos as they were closed when I was there

Comment

Agree, Findos is well worth the visit. Coffee, Tea and Me changed hands about 6 months (or maybe longer?) ago and were not as good as before last time I was there Im afraid. "Firefly" in Ruthvern St is also worth a try, but Ive found the shot quality to be a bit variable.

Comment

Have just been to back to Findos a couple of times after a long break. Happy to report the coffee is even better than 6 months ago. Met the owner (Tim) and had a great time chatting about all things coffee. He even did an on-the-spot little cupping session with me after I told him I did a bit of home roasting! No doubt about it, the guy is passionate about what he does and is happy to share his knowledge. Well worth a visit IMHO

Comment

Working...
            X