Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Works?

Hi all

I found a coffee roaster called Coffee Works based in Mareeba north qld. They arent a sponsor here but I was hoping to get some information on what the quality of their coffee beans are like? Are they fresh etc?

They have a lot of blends!

Charlie

Re: Coffee Works?

Originally posted by 34223F263522237D23253E22392335500 link=1307401633/0#0 date=1307401633
    Hi all

I found a coffee roaster called Coffee Works based in Mareeba north qld. They arent a sponsor here but I was hoping to get some information on what the quality of their coffee beans are like? Are they fresh etc?

They have a lot of blends!

Charlie
    I have a work colleague who makes a trip to FNQ three or four times a year and she always brings us back an offering from these guys. What she brings us has always been fresh, in bags with one-way valves and very very nice. Id highly recommend giving them a go if youre up that way.

Comment

They have an amazing collection of coffee brewing equipment in an interactive display as well as a coffee tasting section, shop and eatery. This is a full blown coffee related tourist attraction and well worth visiting. I had top fun there last year.

I didnt buy any of their beans, but the guy in their rostery was knowledgable and dilligent...

Comment

Yep, same here but many, many years ago.... :

I used to buy green from them around the time I decided to give home-roasting a go (before CS). The green was always good (back then) but BeanBay is way better - way past good..... 8-)

If you live up that way they are definitely worth a try....

Mal.

Comment

Thanks! i am in Mackay so a fair way from Cairnes. I was just wanting to get some coffee closer to home so its a) fresher and b) in my hands quicker! Uh, so hard living regional!

Comment

Originally posted by 5F49544D5E494816484E554952485E3B0 link=1307401634/4#4 date=1307430567
            Thanks! i am in Mackay so a fair way from Cairnes. I was just wanting to get some coffee closer to home so its a) fresher and b) in my hands quicker! Uh, so hard living regional!
            In that case dont forget Domain in Townsville but most importantly seeing as youre here Beanbay browns are only a couple of clicks away.

Comment

In that case dont forget Domain in Townsville but most importantly seeing as youre here Beanbay browns are only a couple of clicks away.
              Domain central? I used to go there quite a bit as my mum is in Townsville. Only ever saw the coffee club and gloria jeans there. Am i missing something ?

Where is beanbay located? i actually ordered from there for the first time on the weekend - got the puru beans. I have read around the forums that they are a very good bean so cannot wait to try!

Comment

Originally posted by 45534E574453520C52544F53485244210 link=1307401634/6#6 date=1307485710
                Domain central? I used to go there quite a bit as my mum is in Townsville. Only ever saw the coffee club and gloria jeans there. Am i missing something ?

Where is beanbay located? i actually ordered from there for the first time on the weekend - got the puru beans. I have read around the forums that they are a very good bean so cannot wait to try!
                Sorry, I meant Dominion Coffee:

1/6 Stokes Street
                Townsville QLD 4810

Beanbay is http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/

Comment

Working...
                X