Coffees of Coorparoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffees of Coorparoo

Generally we have a lot of mediocre (or worse) coffee shops in the area, but things are looking up.

I put in a vote for BANG BANG tried today, which opened redently. I had a short mac. - quite chocolaty, with well balanced acid. I will be going back when I have more time. They use Blackstar beans, which Im not always a fan of, but they seem in good hands.

Very friendly barista. All coffees I saw looked good, and were made with the requisite care and attention.  Bang Bang also have a small but interesting menu, and the decor has a bit of personality about it.

Recommended.

BANG BANG
    Address: 133 Kirkland Ave Coorparoo, corner of Old Cleveland Rd.

Open 7 - 2 pm most days, may close at midday on sundays.

Newly discovered but have not tried: Ave Cucina gets some good reviews. 16 Eva St. Coorparoo.

Just opened, will probably try today: The Coffee Bean. Martha St. Camp Hill.

Dski

Re: Coffees of Coorparoo

Id have to give bang-bang a try, its on my regular commute through that area. I was liking the Saint Coffee shop in the my Ermarket building, but they left that location, like everyone else :

Comment

Originally posted by 173A2E3C3332353C1A2F1D3A2F3E5B0 link=1327364191/1#1 date=1327372227
      I was liking the Saint Coffee shop in the my Ermarket building
      Yeah same here, was sad to see the boys go. 

Originally posted by 173A2E3C3332353C1A2F1D3A2F3E5B0 link=1327364191/1#1 date=1327372227
      but they left that location, like everyone else Roll Eyes
      Those markets were very badly organised from the outset. Many of the stall holders put a lot on the line for them...  I think the potential was massive.

Comment

Tell me about it, Was good the first few weeks when they opened, Then stuff happened.

The coffee guys that are still in that building at the front (on old Cleveland road) are Okay if youre wanting a decent coffee, Though they arent Brilliant, They are reasonably sensible about what a good coffee is like though, so theyre not TOO bad.

Comment

Peered through the window of a not yet opened shop the other day... A Mirage Veloce, and pair of brand new Mazzers inside!

Could be promising.

Its on Cavendish Road next door to the car rental place on the corner of Old Cleveland Rd. Sign on the door said its to be called Bhabhas...

Comment

The boys (Jason & Tim) from the Saint coffee place are now working at the roaster in brendale.

Comment

Originally posted by 113D3E3B3C0D05520 link=1327364191/5#5 date=1334365494
              The boys (Jason & Tim) from the Saint coffee place are now working at the roaster in brendale.
              Much good that does us all the way down here in the southern inner suburbs 

Comment

Originally posted by 7A6D75771E0 link=1327364191/4#4 date=1334309333
                Peered through the window of a not yet opened shop the other day...  A Mirage Veloce, and pair of brand new Mazzers inside!

Could be promising.

Its on Cavendish Road next door to the car rental place on the corner of Old Cleveland Rd. Sign on the door said its to be called Bhabhas...
                and just like a mirage - it vanished .. (but now its back) ... its still not yet opened, but theres movement at the station ...

drop in and introduce yourself

8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 24301A2177450 link=1327364191/7#7 date=1335963909
                  drop in and introduce yourself
                  I definitely will, nobody has been in the shop when Ive walked past so far. We badly need good food and coffee in the area.

Comment

"soft opening" scheduled for Queens Birthday Public Holiday: June 11th, 2012.

Uncle Joes Coffee House
                    3/161 Cavendish Road, Coorparoo.
                    6:30am - 14:00, Mon-Fri.

Comment

Definite "Best Coffee in Coorparoo" status to Uncle Joes Coffee House, 3/161 Cavendish Road. You'll know it by the coffee plants out the front.

Great house blend, and specialty singles available. A lovingly restored KVDW Mirage Veloce. Very friendly service.

Opening times from this week:

7am-2pm Monday to Friday and
                      7am-1pm both Saturday and Sunday!

Comment

I am really happy that I can get reasonably fresh beans from Merlo at Coorparoo, about 1 min drive from my house. I know some of you coffesnobs may not hold Merlo in high regard, I quite like their private blend. Having said that, is there any other roasting house/coffee shops that sell fresh beans around Coorparoo?

Comment

Originally posted by Brissienew View Post
                          I am really happy that I can get reasonably fresh beans from Merlo at Coorparoo, about 1 min drive from my house. I know some of you coffesnobs may not hold Merlo in high regard, I quite like their private blend. Having said that, is there any other roasting house/coffee shops that sell fresh beans around Coorparoo?
                          You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't try Uncle Joes...

Comment

Originally posted by thebookfreak58 View Post
                            You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't try Uncle Joes...
                            I had been there, but they don't sell fresh bean? Well, they do have some pre packaged ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Brissienew View Post
                              I had been there, but they don't sell fresh bean? Well, they do have some pre packaged ones.
                              Last time I was there they sold freshly roasted beans?

Comment

Working...
                              X