CBD coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBD coffee

There are some good places for coffee in Brisbane CBD but have been to Monty's chocolates a couple times now and have been pretty happy.
    They are just near central train station (288 Edward st, near corner of Edward/Ann), small 'boutique' store.

All their coffees are doubles, well priced and have great flavour. Also do waffles for breakfast (yet to try them), fantastic hot chocolate and have fancy single origin chocolates (pricey though).

Is Monty's still open? Walked past the other day (intending to go in after seeing this post a while ago) and it looked like the place was closed down.

Comment

I've got to mention John Mills Himself. They do great coffee, and quick and friendly service, even when it's the busy weekday morning rush. A few different beans to buy by the bag as well. If you like your mochas and hot chocolates then these guys have got you covered too. Their coffees are very reasonably priced.

Comment

'Strauss' in an arcade between Charlotte and Elizabeth Sts produced two excellent lattes last week. Nice looking set up too.

Comment

Have found a very decent coffee in the newly renovated Post Office Square in the CBD. Cafe called Enthuzi. Great espresso.

Comment

Was in Brisbane late last week, and popped into Coffee Anthology (Margaret St, opposite what used to be Brother Espresso), initially just to pick up a take away to take back to my hotel while reading the paper. One of the best, if not the best, take away flat whites I've ever had (I believe it was a Padre blend). Went back a few hours later with the better half, and had another flat white with breakfast. Again superb, and the young lass asked if we'd be interested in trying one of their other blends. It was also spot on. Great staff, great coffee (and milk at 60 degrees by default).

Comment

Coffee Anthology is a must. Every time I go to Brisbane. Last time I was staying 30 minutes walk away - but I made the trek every day. Always a number of roasts from around the country on offer, and all dialled in perfectly.

Comment

Frisky goat espresso is also a must visit - not cause I've been there but I'm curious of your impression :P They have a "menu" of singles (allegedly), which they grind straight from snap frozen, plus a featured single, and then their blends. Apparently it's awesome. I follow them on Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee
                  Ok, tomorrow morning I will go on a hunt. Any good places near the city square?
                  Yep, Coffee Anthology is fantastic.

Comment

Strauss. Search them out. About the only coffee I am happy to fly into Brisbane for.

Comment

Not in the CBD per se (well, at all...), but my pick is LTD Espresso in the valley. Well worth the 20 minute walk from the city imo.

Comment

Are they the ones in the valley? Nice blokes, great coffee.

Comment

Oh.. you said "in the valley" :-/

Comment

Originally posted by K_Bean_Coffee
                            Couldn't resist one for the road. I told them I needed their best double ristretto. They did it with a great Ethiopian.
                            Great coffee and great friendly staff
                            I've only heard very good reports about Coffee Anthology.
                            Are they still in Margaret St, Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by readeral View Post
                              Are they the ones in the valley? Nice blokes, great coffee.
                              ...yep 😉

Discovered them on a work trip - I was staying near the city and working another km or so up the valley. Planned to visit a different cafe every morning, but ended up just hanging out chatting with Luke while spending half my travel allowance on coffee each day. Good times!

Comment

Working...
                              X