Devonport Coffee - suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devonport Coffee - suggestions

Need help, Im spending some time in Devonport for work and need to get a coffee fix. Any suggestions on where I can go?

Re: Devonport Coffee - suggestions

Originally posted by 31353F343930033F5C0 link=1259574257/0#0 date=1259574257
    Need help, Im spending some time in Devonport for work and need to get a coffee fix.  Any suggestions on where I can go?
    have a feeling you will be out of luck - I had a look around and found nothing at all.

Invest in an aeropress, a handgrinder and some fresh beans!

Comment

Gday Michel,
      I found Cafe Indulgence in the cinema complex to be quite good when I visited just over 2 years ago, and they were using Oomph beans.
      Things change of course, so maybe you could provide an update if you decide to visit.
      Steve.

Comment

Oh to dream...We sit here out in the boonies of NSW and relive our times at Cafe Inn-dulgence in Devonport. Having been quite a few times we found great consistency in their coffees using OOMPH beans. :P The cafe is a very busy place and they go through quite a few beans in a day. We are always happy with our coffees and fruit and cheese platters. Lucky locals. :-*

Comment

Tried to get a coffee from here but only open from 9am-5pm. Makes it tough when you have to work during the day. Will try again to get during open times

Comment

Its sort of hard to suggest anywhere else in Devonport other than Cafe Indulgence. There is a place we have heard of that is also quite good, but I have not had the time to check it out, so maybe you can.
            Its a hairdressers salon ! ;D
            They are using a one group ECM Veneziano I think and are using Danes Gourmet Coffee. Apparently the owner did a fair bit of training up at Danes and does a really good job of it. So, its worth it to check it.

Adios,
            Carlos.

Comment

I have been to Stonies cafe  in the mall a couple of times and had mixed results.  They can do a good job, but as in so many places, depends who is on the machine when you go in.

More recently I finally got to try Cafe Indulgence, have only been once, and wasnt that impressed.  Ordered a cuppacino, I found the milk a bit too hot, and probably wasnt all fresh milk that was steamed for my drink, the underlying espresso shot was probably a good one however.
              Would I go there again, yes I would try it again.

While you are in Devonport, when you had time you might consider a short side trip to Burnie, and check out Boomerang Coffee shop in Mount st, in the centre of town, opens longer hours than Cafe Indulgence, consistently good coffee, using oomph beans and will make it how you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by 685F4646435E5E2A0 link=1259574257/6#6 date=1272336247
                Ordered a cuppacino, I found the milk a bit too hot, and probably wasnt all fresh milk that was steamed for my drink
                Sounds like you got what you ordered.  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 19383333342E5D0 link=1259574257/7#7 date=1272339944
                  Originally posted by 685F4646435E5E2A0 link=1259574257/6#6 date=1272336247
                  Ordered a cuppacino, I found the milk a bit too hot, and probably wasnt all fresh milk that was steamed for my drink
                  Sounds like you got what you ordered.  ;D
                  heheh ;D

Comment

Mason & Mason in Steele St is back to great coffee... the owner is still learning the fine art (arent we all) but REALLY cares about the coffee the he puts out.

They use beans roasted by Richard from Villino in Hobart - and have a bit of a partnership with them training wise etc...

Comment

Working...
                    X