Tasmania 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasmania 2020

Hi all, we’ve been having a fantastic holiday camping around Tassie since Christmas.
    I had my own beans and a Flair / Bellman setup to enjoy during the trip. The IGA in Strahan had a surprisingly good array of beans from deLacey roasters, but since then have had to make do with Grinders from another IGA.

We’ll be in Hobart this his weekend and I’ve run out of good beans. Any I must try? I know we’ll be with all the other tourists at Salamanca on Saturday, is there any good coffee there?

Hi, have you checked this thread out?
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/tas/37501...ee-hobart.html
    Cheers
    Mal

Comment

Thanks, I saw this but the most recent post was a few years old. Will be giving Machine Laundry and Parklane a try, and it sounds like Zimmah beans are pretty highly recommended. I’m after a place to get beans for my Flair as well as a good coffee.

Comment

Actually in the Market the standout is the Salamanca Cream cart in the central aisle usually near the Kennedy Lane entrance to the Quarry area. They also have a small cafe in one of the old warehouses further along Castray Esplanade (number 21). They roast their own beans and tend towards a darker roast than the usual offerings. This should go well in your Flair.

You already have Parklane Espresso and Machine Laundry Cafe on your list and Tricycle in the Arts Centre building is another with a good reputation. Enjoy the market.

Comment

Originally posted by mjoyce View Post
          We’ll be in Hobart this his weekend and I’ve run out of good beans. Any I must try? I know we’ll be with all the other tourists at Salamanca on Saturday, is there any good coffee there?
          How did you go?

Comment

The best laid plans... the market was too busy to try to navigate to specific places with a big group! I bought some locally roasted beans called Thylacine coffee (medium roast) which I’ve been enjoying. Only other coffee I’ve had worth mentioning was at Yellow Bernard but unfortunately they weren’t Tasmanian-roasted.

I’m in Ulverstone now, have read good things about Infuse in Burnie but not sure if I’ll get there.

Comment

Working...
            X