• Show
Clear All

• Melbourne CBD

Brother Baba Budan - 359 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne
    Pushka - 20 Pesgrave Place, Melbourne
    Switchboard - Shop 11/12, 220 Collins Street, Melbourne
    Cafenatics - 447 Collins St, Melbourne

Re: Melbourne CBD

I have tried everywhere around William and Latrobe/lonsdale (ie, NW corner, within a couple of mins from my work), but really couldnt recommend anywhere. I have occasionally had a good coffee from Bluebag (healeys lane), but only when one particular person is serving - if there is a tall thin guy with longish hair, give it a try, otherwise keep walking!

So good coffee where? Not here!

Comment

damian1
      Come down and try Stassi at 350 Queen street.
      Havent had a bad coffee there yet and i dont expect i will, the guy is always cleaning his work area, its a sure sign of someone who takes pride in what it is they do.

Mal

Comment

I know this may sound a little biased seeing as I work there....but....

Cafenatics @ QV, near the new Myer Furniture store (old AFL store), Grilld burgers, Max Brenner....
        La Marzocco Mistral and Robur setup...

For those who are interested, there is a soft opening on Saturday 29th Nov @ 11am to 4pm. La Marzocco Mistral inside, La Marzocco FB80 outside serving $2 coffees, proceeds of which goes to charity.

Mods: please feel free to remove the post if you feel it violates forum rules.

Cheers,

DS

Comment

I commented earlier about lack of good coffee in NW corner of city. I had a coffee today at dancing goat cafe, which recently opened. It was good - by far the best I can find close to my work. I would recommend here.

Comment

Originally posted by 33363A3E363966570 link=1218375732/4#4 date=1231732759
            I commented earlier about lack of good coffee in NW corner of city.  I had a coffee today at dancing goat cafe, which recently opened.  It was good - by far the best I can find close to my work.  I would recommend here.
            Owned and run by 2009 Vic Barista Champion Jesse Hyde. Close to the corner of Little Lonsdale and King st

Comment

280 King st, but in Little Lonsdale st

Comment

Bambini Barrista

Shop 7 530 Little Collins Street
                Melbourne VIC 3000
                Pretty much out the back of teh ASX building.

One of the very few places in the CBD Id risk a shot of espresso.
                Their Lattes are excellent and always served with art in you drink in.

There is always a line they do use grinders coffee but i am pretty sure its a "House Blend".

Well worth a visit in you are around the Realto.

Comment

Originally posted by 4A47444A280 link=1218375732/2#2 date=1218451860
                  damian1
                  Come down and try Stassi at 350 Queen street.
                  Havent had a bad coffee there yet and i dont expect i will, the guy is always cleaning his work area, its a sure sign of someone who takes pride in what it is they do.

Mal
                  Thats my regular. Jeremy always makes a great coffee and that red La Marzocco is gorgeous. Not the chattiest of baristas though.

Comment

Originally posted by 6C2B286B6070180 link=1218375732/8#8 date=1248922988
                    Not the chattiest of baristas though.
                    Yeah but he makes up for that with good output.
                    Some days the queue is 10+ deep waiting to order along with those collecting what they have already ordered, i dont know how he keeps up, i think i would find it all too hard.

I guess a quality machine helps a long way

Comment

Hints and tips for someone wholl be working out of 101 Collins Street? Will be on foot - so not too far.

Grant

Comment

Hi Guys,

A few months ago I met a some dudes at Seven Seeds who had just moved to Melbourne from Brisbane and opened up a tiny new cafe around the corner from my office.  They have all of about two square metres; just enough room for an espresso machine and an oven in which they bake their own bread and muffins.  The have put a lot of work into working out the right way of storing and extracting their coffee and its nice to see that they have been getting some good feedback online.

Ordinarily I dont like to post about cafes online, but these guys are doing a great job from a very tucked away location and I dont want them to be totally overlooked because of it!  

Little Wish joins the Cafenatics stores around the area as places where I drop in to get a quick coffee.  A bit further from the office are Switchboard, Dancing Goat and BBB, all of which have been talked up fairly well.  That said, we recently got a pretty serviceable espresso machine and grinder combo at work, so my CBD coffee consumption in cafes has been dwindling!

Cheers,
                        Luca

Comment

Originally posted by 657C6A68090 link=1218375732/11#11 date=1250916711
                          Little Wish joins the Cafenatics stores around the area as places where I drop in to get a quick coffee.
                          I would like to add that Little Wish is a really nice place and the coffee and food is great although its hard to find if you dont know where to go. Definitely try it if you work in the area.

In case you cant find it the easiest way to is if you enter the Exchange Tower through the main entrance walk past the lifts and to the end and its on your right in the corner - next to Bambini Barista coincidentally which was recommended by Rich and Rae.

I personally find that the coffee at Cafenatics in Chancery Lane all depends on who is making it. Amy is always excellent, but the new guy them seems to be doing a good job.

Comment

Just thought I would update. Eclipse (same crew from cafenatics, Joe etc) opened on the flinders lane entrance to the intercontinental about 3 weeks ago now. Will, Amy and Remi are there controlling the machines.

Last week I enjoyed the honey processed geisha (sp?). Good simple food too. Great place. I now have far too many "regulars" near my work!

Comment

Originally posted by 7B595F4443495F2C0 link=1218375732/3#3 date=1227788274

Cafenatics @ QV,
                              If this is the place where Maria finishes her coffee tours then this place gets my vote. Never disapointed here and it is a nice way that they are not behind the counter when they serve you.
                              Regards
                              Crisp Image

Comment

Working...
                              X