Di Bella Roasting Warehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Di Bella Roasting Warehouse

Hey guys i invite you all down when in Melbourne to see what we have created in North Melbourne.... it is the first of our plan to build micro roasterys in Australia....

This setup is all about the coffee fanatic..... drink, eat, learn, play, interact... its all up to the end user....

Re: Di Bella Roasting Warehouse

I went in today to buy some beans and had a couple of very nice espressos while there - the Monsson Malabar single origin special was spot on with a huge yummy, musty, lingering aftertaste while the decaf was surprisingly good for someone who normally hates the stuff. The baristas are very enthusiastic and obviously know their stuff.

The layout looks great and the menu looks very appetising (Ill have to go back for lunch soon). According to the board outside, Phillip Di Bella will be there for his book launch on the 20th of March (a Friday). Hopefully, they will post more details shortly.

The biggest problem with the place is that they are so busy, I felt guilty talking with the baristas.

All in all, a very welcome addition to the Melbourne coffee scene.

Comment

Originally posted by 7E74747B747270150 link=1233895898/1#1 date=1236123202
      Hopefully, they will post more details shortly.
      Here is the info you were looking for.
      This was posted in the Wicked Sunday "roasters week" thread.

Originally posted by 032E05222B2B2618102635222F28323422470 link=1228370360/31#31 date=1235521287
      Hey guys....Just letting you know were running a couple of events during Roasters Week, so down to the Warehouse to enjoy! Theyre all free, but places are limited, so call or email to make sure you get a place. All details are below. Hope to see lots of CSers there!

Friday March 20th 20094pm-6pmFree

‘Roasted Passion’ Book Launch & DiBella blend and single origin tasting

Spend an afternoon with Phil DiBella to see the release of his biography ‘Roasted Passion’.

There will be free wine, finger food & of course several DiBella blends and single origins will be available for tasting.

All attendees will also receive a free copy of ‘Roasted Passion’ to take home.

This event is free, but places are limited, so please contact us to reserve your place. Call Mike Cracknell on (03) 9329 2973 or email roastingwarehousevic@dibellacoffee.com.au

DiBella Coffee Roasting Warehouse
      19-21 Leveson St
      North Melbourne

Saturday March 21st 20092pm-4pmFree

Petroncini ‘Cup of Excellence’ Roasting & Cupping

Experience the best single origins available in the world with DiBella’s roasting and tasting of two ‘Cup of Excellence’ winners.

Attendees will receive a 20% discount on fresh coffee purchases made at the conclusion of the afternoon.

This event is free, but places are limited, so please contact us to reserve your place. Call Mike Cracknell on (03) 9329 2973 or email roastingwarehousevic@dibellacoffee.com.au

DiBella Coffee Roasting Warehouse
      19-21 Leveson St
      North Melbourne

Comment

glad to hear you enjoyed the experience kaanage......

thanks andy for the re post....

would love to see coffeesnobers at the book launch in Melbourne on March 20.....

Comment

Originally posted by 7C767679767072170 link=1233895898/1#1 date=1236123202
          ...The biggest problem with the place is that they are so busy, I felt guilty talking with the baristas.
          the roasting warehouse there has been open for just over a year and I have been frequent visitor as I work just couple of blocks away. So I must say it got busier and busier, which is probably a good sign. In January a year ago I would pop in during lunch time to watch Aussie open and I easily could be there on my own. Now the place is swarming ;-) And if before Mike could just stand and chat with me for a while, now he is always running ;-) I think its a good sign that people in around the area appreciate DiBellas coffee. I certainly am a big fan of it, even though I roast my own now. Bread is nice too...
          Id like to recommend this place wholeheartedly. Theres also another reason, of course - I bought my machine from there and Phil himself stepped in to help me when I had some issues with the purchase. But even leaving this aside - all that matters is whats in the cup and I dont think I was ever disappointed at this place.

Comment

Good news for all visitors to the Roasting Warehouse Victoria....

We will be expanding to occupy the building behind us in the next 10 weeks.... this will mean... more room, more seats, bigger and faster kitchen....

and very importantly..... more efficient and speedier service....... with of course amazing coffee....

we look forward to seeing more coffee snob visitors there.... please do not forget to let the guys know you are a coffee snob member...

Comment

Dropped in today.

Good food. Great coffee. Nice to find a place that knows what a double ristretto is. The service was excellent. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Comment

Originally posted by 755873545D5D50310 link=1233895898/5#5 date=1240982513
                Good news for all visitors to the Roasting Warehouse Victoria....

We will be expanding to occupy the building behind us in the next 10 weeks.... this will mean... more room, more seats, bigger and faster kitchen....

and very importantly..... more efficient and speedier service....... with of course amazing coffee....

we look forward to seeing more coffee snob visitors there.... please do not forget to let the guys know you are a coffee snob member...
                Was caught in the light hail... and just down from the cancer instutite I found a place with quite a crowd... The commune...

But I did think it was another Di Bella... The marketing was every where and the warm jacketc the two girls had on in the street servery looked great..

I hate to say it... But I also got one of the best coffies I have had for a week....

Oh so cold.... Need a coffee, but the Hilton is not worth the effort... May have to take a long hike into town...

0400 USA Police number 804

Comment

Just dropped by to pick up some beans and grabbed a flat white to go.

Service was very friendly despite being the lunch time rush. Flat white was very good. Ill have to find some time to grab some food there.

Looking forward to trying the beans when I get home 8-)

Was an exciting trip in as the Bolte was shut due to what a truck driver reported as being a crash involving a car carrying radioactive material

Comment

Well, Ive been back a few times and even eaten there.

The beans are good and the service friendly, should ask what happened with the Torq cold brew coffee, I always forget to ask when I go there :-[

Comment

Di Bella Melbourne.
                      What a fabulous place for breakfast , that meal or snack during the day. Coffee is always superb and we have never been able to fault food, coffee or service. A must for us everytime we enter and leave the city via the Tulla.
                      Buy some roasted beans and you will get a bonus of free coffees to boot.
                      If you are lucky the roasting can be taking place.
                      Always so busy that at times it is hard to get a table to enjoy food.
                      Staff terrific and so friendly. (page 51 The Coffee Guide Melbourne 2011)
                      Brisbane Di Bella. (page 79 Gourmet Traveller 2011 Aust Rest. Guide. Best Cafes. )
                      Ditto in all ways except they do not have the ktichen produced meals that Melbourne has. But gosh they have tucker and coffee that is also fabulous along with the wonderful staff. And both have the ambience for GREAT coffees. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

After being the 4th car out of 1,000 vehicles to drive off the SPOT in Melbourne we drove to Di Bella Coffee in Leveson St. North Melbourne and waited for them to open at 7.30 a.m. (Saturday).
                        We had our now traditional breakfast of Eggs Benedict and tall lattes. Di Bella never fails to delight our senses, and of course we purchased some roasted decaff and Modina beans before our 4 hour trip to home.
                        Fantastic coffee, food, and friendley caring staff make us return like so many others time after time. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

Picked up some more beans today just after lunch and they were emptying the roaster just as I was picking up my free coffee, man that smelt so good.

I need to make sure I get my timing like that every visit. The flat white I ordered to take away was very good and the barista had a great moustache 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 696F7873696E76741D0 link=1233895899/12#12 date=1300342488
                            I need to make sure I get my timing like that every visit. The flat white I ordered to take away was very good and the barista had a great moustache
                            What was Her name  :

Comment

Good coffee and my favourite big breakfast (Warehous Brekkie) in all of Melbourne!

Comment

Working...
                              X